DATE

I'm super sorry for the late post. Personal stuffs. I want to dedicate these two chapters to my mini fan club @dreamers..you guys are the best. Thank you for reaching out and for your constant support and well wishes. I love you all💜

DAVE'S POV

I opened the door to reveal Julia on the other side staring at me with a frown and holding on to her stomach like she's preventing it from falling. What's her problem? I mentally asked.

"Do you have an idea what time this is? Why are you knocking on my door this late?" I asked glaring at her. Her stomach made a grumbling sound almost immediately as if it was in a competition to answer first.

"I am hungry Dave," she managed to say. "I haven't eaten anything since I came here and I..."

"Go to the kitchen then." I said pointing to the direction of the kitchen.

"I did already but there's literally nothing edible there. Not even noodles."

She's not entirely wrong. Mike was the cook, he loved eating homemade food and made his own meals.I barely cook instead I eat out at fancy restaurants most of the time. I don't even know the state of my kitchen since Mike's departure. But I could have sworn I left a pack of noodles somewhere.

"Wait! not even noodles?" I asked. She shook her head slightly signalling a no. I felt bad for her,I mean, I kept her waiting the whole time and didn't even ask if she had anything to eat.

"Alright, wait here let me put something on and then we can go down to the kitchen to make something."
I walked back into my room to grab a shirt leaving the door wide open. She walked into the room,glancing through some magazines on the shelf. I didn't pay any attention since I was dressing.

"Why are there so many drugs here? Do you run a pharmaceutical company or what?" She asked waving a container across her face.

"I thought I asked you to wait for me? Drop that container and stop going through my things else I will throw you out of my house."I  said sternly.

She dropped it almost immediately and walked back to the door. I felt bad again but I really don't like it when people go through my stuffs. I can't risk anyone finding out about my condition, atleast not now.

"I'm sorry I raised my voice earlier, it's..."

"Just make me something to eat please." She mumbled.

I led her to the kitchen and started looking for the Spaghetti pack I abandoned sometime ago. I scanned through the cupboard and locker but all to no avail. I opened the microwave to check and there it was. I raised it up in victory but she just frowned and dragged it off my hands. I guess she's still mad at me.

"Julz, I'm sorry about earlier okay, I just don't like it when people go through my things without asking for my permission." I grabbed her arm and turned her around to face me. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead and then winked at her. That should do the magic

"It's alright, I forgive you but don't yell at me again okay. It's harmful to both the baby and the mother." She said smiling at me.

I will make it my next mission to take that useless book from her possession. She believes everything that Russian author writes.

"I won't. Mark sure to turn off the lights once you're done and put off the burner. I'm going back to bed."

"You don't want some?" She said waving the pack of noodles across my face. "

"I don't like Spaghetti."

"It doesn't like you either,no offense."

"None taken, good night Julz". I said walking out of the kitchen.

***********

Friday came by so fast it was as if Thursday never happened. I didn't meet up for my appointment with Dr.Adesua yesterday because I took Julia to the hospital for Antenatal registrations, after which,we went grocery shopping. I was tired when i got back. She's been blowing up my phone with multiple calls and messages,asking me to stop by the clinic today. I can't make it today either, I have a date in less than an hour. Sophie begged me not to mess it up and I won't.

I have been making arrangements for the date and was able to get a good spot at the Atican beach resort at lekki. It's one of the good spots in Lagos and its just an hour thirty minutes drive from school and shouldn't be a problem. I want it as far away from school as possible.

I pulled up in front of an apartment in Aiyetoro street Akoka not too far from school. It was the description she sent to me earlier this morning.I guess this is where she lives.My heart kept beating faster with every step I made towards her front door and I didn't like it. This isn't my first date,so why am I nervous?

I knocked twice and waited for a response. Here goes nothing. The door opened to reveal a tall,dark skinned beauty flashing me her pearly whites.

"Good evening, you must be Dave. I'm Tracey, Kween's friend." She said stretching forth her hand for a handshake, which I gladly accepted

"Nice to meet you Tracey." I said rather stunned by her beauty. "Is Kween inside?"

"Yes she is, just a minute and she will be with you." She made a giggling sound and ran back inside leaving me in my nervous state once again.

The door swung open again and this time, Kween's piercing brown eyes met mine. Her beauty was intoxicating, she was gorgeous. The way her straight black hair framed her sharp jawline made her simple outfit stood out so much. She was putting on a blue jean shorts and a black oversized turtleneck that somehow brought out her delicate skin.Her glistening brown eyes was sucking the soul I didn't have into hers. Suddenly my breathing became shaky.

"Wow!" We both muttered at the same time. I smiled while she straightened her hair in response. She looked absolutely gorgeous. Why didn't I notice this earlier?

"You look stunning" I managed to say. Our eyes locked, I bit my lips as I stared at hers. There was something about them that begged to be kissed.

"You look amazing too." She said staring at me surreptitiously. We both agreed to wear casuals over text. I didn't tell her where we were going though.

"Unfortunately I haven't heard much about you since I've been away.Tell you what, I'll have Kween invite you over for dinner so we can catch up." Tracey said interrupting our moment.

"That would be great,thank you so much Tracey." I said winking at her. I gestured for Kween to take the lead to my car as we walked away.

To be honest I really struggled with this chapter...So much distractions. I hope you enjoy it though. Don't forget to vote and comment..Thank you so much