RUN

Kween's POV

"How is he?" I asked almost immediately.

"He's stable now," she said. Her expression still unreadable. "He needs absolute rest right now."

"What's wrong with him? Why did he collapse like that?" I asked, hoping to get a reasonable explanation that would silence the little voices in my head, accusing me of his situation.

"It's nothing serious, just a case of severe exhaustion," she said, stepping away and moving towards someone. I looked in her direction and I saw her embrace another lady who looked a little older than her. The lady was crying and held a worried look as she stared in my direction. She looked rich and sophisticated from what she was putting on. She must be Dave's mom, I guess I know where Dave got the good genes from.

"Where's my son? Is he alive? " Mrs Johnson asked,crying uncontrollably. Dr.Adesua reassured her and led her to her office, leaving me as confused as I was before coming to the hospital.

Severe exhaustion? How could someone be that tired and not know it? He was totally fine. Was I the only one who thought something wasn't right here? Or was I just being paranoid?

"Excuse me," I said,stopping the nurse that just stepped out from Dave's room."Can I go in and see him?"

"Yes you can but don't wake him up," she said smiling at me. I mouthed a thank you and walked towards Dave's room. I stood in front of the door,not knowing what to expect. I gave a light knock and pushed the door open. The room was large enough to fit ten more beds, as opposed to just one, lying at the center of the room. The interior decor was top-notch, matching the tastefully furnished terrace floor. A white sofa laid at the right side of the bed. Around the bed stood various machines which were connected to Dave's body. Was this a VIP ward?

I sat beside him and buried my face by his side,crying. Seeing all these mechanical devices attached to his body made me worried and scared. If it was a mere case of exhaustion like Dr.Adesua said, why all these mechanical devices? I asked myself, mentally.

"Dave, if you can hear me,please,wake up. I have alot of questions to ask and I'm so scared right now," I said, staring at him. I never pictured my date to end like this. It was going so well. I remembered all the fun we were having and the kiss we almost shared. It wasn't meant to end like this.

I got a notification from my phone and pulled it out to read, as I wiped my tears. It was from Tracey.

Hey, I know you are enjoying yourself but please come back, it's getting late. Mtchwww
11:13pm

I just couldn't hold back the tears anymore after reading her text. It was supposed to be a fun time for me. I looked at the wall clock and it was past eleven PM already. I guess I was going to spend the night here.

Something bad happened #sobs. Dave is sick and now we are at the teaching hospital. I think I'm going to spend the night here, so please,bring me something else to wear tomorrow ok.
11:16pm

I brought out Dave's phone from my back pocket and kept it beside him. I tried to wake him up despite the nurse's warning but all to no avail. I could see he was breathing but he wasn't moving.

OMG! So sorry babe. Is he okay? I will be there first thing tomorrow morning okay. Don't know if this is the right time, but Fred came looking for you and it seemed important. I told him where you at though.
11:18pm

Oh that was true. I had not checked on him since. I should let him know what was going on.

Hey Freddy,
I am at the hospital with Dave. Something happened to him. I heard you came looking for me???
11:21pm