Chp. 7

I don't know how many chapters this book will be. It depends on how much of the story I progress in each chapter. I'm not done with this book yet. I had to finish my miraculous book on my other account. Now that I'm done, I'll focus of other things I write including this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barry's pov:

I was peacefully asleep until I heard the sound of police and firetruck sirens. It's 3 in the morning. I opened my eyes and sat up. Caitlin awoke by this and seemed confused.

"What's wrong?" She asked me, concerned.

"I heard sirens passing the house." I checked my phone to see if I wasn't being delusional. I noticed that Cisco called and tried to text me. I must've been in a deep sleep if I missed this. "Cisco texted us. This probably happened over night, but we were to asleep to wake up and notice." I explain to Cait.

"Well then we should hurry up and get ready so we can get to S.T.A.R Labs." She says as she gets up and grabs some clothes so she can get in the shower. I ran to the kitchen and started making some breakfast. It's never to early or late to eat. Even if it's an emergency. We can eat the food when we get there. Caitlen comes into the front room ready to go. That was my signal to use my superspeed to shower, brush my teeth, put my clothes on and get ready to go.

Setting: At S.T.A.R Labs
Third person

Cisco was already there at the lab. Barry and Caitlin enters the cortex. Cisco's face lit up.

"Oh thank god you guys are here. A building exploded," Barry and Caitlin's face showed total shock. "It was small though so that's probably why we didn't hear. I tried calling you guys, but you didn't answer so I went to take care of it by myself."

"Are you alright? Did other people get hurt?" Caitlin asked as she walked up to Cisco while checking him for any wounds.

"Yeah I'm alright. Everyone was out in time." Cisco smiled a bit. Caitlin gestured for him to go sit on the bed in the medical area so that she could check his vitals.

"Oh thank god." Barry said and sighed. "I'm sorry man. We should've been there."

"It's alright Barry... But I'm glad you came eventually because there's something at the scene you should look at." Cisco said with of worry in his voice.

"Are the police there yet?" Caitlin asked Cisco.

"Nope."

"Ok then. I'll alert the CCPD. I'll meet you, Cisco, at the scene later today." Barry planned.

"Alright." Cisco replied. Barry gave Caitlin a quick peck on the lips before leaving S.T.A.R Labs.

time skip to 6:00 a.m
Barry's pov:

I ran at superspeed to get there, but once I was a block away, I started running at regular human speed to the crime scene. I spot Joe writing some stuff down. I walk over to him and give him a pat on the back.

"Hey Joe. What's happening?"

"Oh hey Bar. I noticed some burnt marks along the structure and along the floor. They look irregular to me. Can you check it out?"

"Sure." I squat down to the floor to look at marks closely. Not long after, Cisco arrived with the dark matter detector. I nod at him and keep searching, until my eyes catch something. Why do they look that way?

"Joe.."

"Yeah?"

"You're right. They are different than normal burn marks. These aren't as thick and don't smell like smoke, a little. It's more like soot."

"So this was an electrical fire?" Joe inquired.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Zip around to see what started it." Joe ordered.

"Got it." I say before taking a quick look around the not so big building. After half a minute, I'm back at Joe's side.

"That's not good..." I thought out loud.

"What is it Bar?"

"There isn't any burnt outlets that could've started this." I explained.

"Uh guys.." Cisco calls us and we see that the detector is beeping a lot. He walks around the debris and the device still beeps.

"There's dark matter everywhere. Like who, or what, ever started this was part of the fire." Cisco explains. I sigh and cross my arms. This is new.