Chapter 8: Different Paths

(POV: OSCAR'S)

We were continuing on our pointless search for Issei, whose carcass is probably being pecked/chewed clean by creatures like a Pachycrocuta pack and such. But Rias has hopes he's still alive and wishes to leave Pellucidar once she finds them.

I was in my own thoughts as I was wondering how T-Rex eggs got up to the surface and how Momma Rex found a way out of Pellucidar.

Our search was stopped by a fork in the road. "Crap." I mumbled as I turned to the group. "Alright everyone, we have two options: either we take the longer yet safer route or we take the shorter yet extremely dangerous path. I suggest we take the safer path in order to prevent any possible death." I explained as me and my pack took the safer path.

I turned around to see Rias & her peerage talking with Sona's peerage as she and Sona turn around in a huff. They then took different routes as Sona's peerage went down our path while Rias' peerage went down the other path.

"Christ Rias, your going to get them all killed." I mumbled to myself as me and my group followed Rias' peerage down the other path to stop them before someone dies.

(POV CHANGE: RIAS)

After having that argument with Sona, I've decided that me and my peerage will go the shorter route and fight anything that stands in our way.

We found ourselves in a small geyser field as the air changed from lush forest into something dead. "Prez, I don't like this." Kira whispered. "We've gotten through worse." I said with confidence.

But then, a large geyser shot up in front of us as we all jumped back in surprise. I looked up to see what I was willing to bet was an open area for us to get a lay of the land.

We climbed up, and was greatly freighted at what we saw. The thing we saw is a skull of a very large creature that resembles an elephant.

 The thing we saw is a skull of a very large creature that resembles an elephant

"Rias, I think we should go back." Asia suggested as she's shaking in fear. "Come on Asia, one skull isn't going to scare us away." I said. "But about those skulls?" Koneko asked as she points to the right.

We all turned to see what looked like thousands and thousands of bones scattered throughout the area.