•x•

Sehyoon hasn't talked to me, hasn't even looked at me. I felt really bad, he didn't have to keep up the silent treatment. I was all alone here, taking care of six kids all of a sudden. As I was starting to wake up the kids, there was a knock on the door. "Who's that?" Sehyoon asked, heading downstairs. "I swear to God if it's an Official for me..."

I rolled my eyes. "I said I was sorry, it's not going to be an Officio for yo-" Sehyoon opened the door and I couldn't believe my eyes. "You said the suspension wouldn't make him a Deviant." Sehyoon looked at me before turning back to Official Shin and Chan, of all people.

"He's not officially a Deviant... yet." Official Shin looked around. "Your foster parent please?"

Sehyoon couldn't believe his eyes. "Uhm... y-yeah." He went to go get Seo.

Chan couldn't look me in the eye. "Channie... what's going on?" He sighed, lifting his head. "You know not to get yourself into trouble if we have any chance at being together again." And that's why he couldn't look me in the eye.

Seo came to the door. "How can I help you, Official Shin?" He asked.

"You're to keep this boy for a week. He's to learn what it's like to be a Deviant. It's a pet of a new program we're trying out for kids who are insubordinate." Chan scoffed, shifting away from Official Shin.

I furrowed my eyebrows as he trudged inside. "I'm not a fucking kid, but okay."

Shin chuckled. "Yeah, okay kid." Chan turned to strike him, but he put his hand on his taser to let him know he wasn't above shocking the shit out of him. Chan relaxed, standing off to the side. "Good luck with that one. Kid's about two Derelictions away from getting a jail sentence." As Official Shin walked away, the grey school bus pulled up.

"Kids!" I called, heading toward the stairs. "Time to go!" One by one, they all came downstairs for a hug and few cents from me so they could get something on their stomachs. "Marie, Aubrey, have fun at recess today. It's supposed to be really nice. Don't fall in the grass too much, okay?" Next were our middle schoolers. "Jooheon, Minhyuk, Byeongkwan. Let me know how your projects turn out today." And lastly, our alternative high school student. "Eunseo, please try to end today on at least yellow?" She rolled her eyes before walking out the door.

Seo noticed that Sehyoon wasn't going anywhere. "Why are you getting the fuck out of here?" He asked.

Sehyoon shrugged. "Today's not my school day. It's a teacher work day." Seo nodded before heading in front of the couch.

"Mother May I, Jackass, and... what the hell is your name?" Seo asked Chan.

Chan scoffed. "Your worst fucking nightmare, and who the fuck are you?"

Seo rolled his eyes. "Pussy. That's your name from now on. Sit on the fucking couch. All of you." Sehyoon and I sat down without a fight.

"Wow," Chan smiled. "Named me after something you can't get. You must want me then, huh?" My eyes widened as I went to hit his leg, telling him to shut the entire fuck up.

Seo shrugged. "Don't need it, that one right there works just fine for me." Sehyoon sunk into the couch, trying to disappear from the situation. "Now this is what I want done. Jackass, since you don't have school today, go find something to clean in the basement. Now." When Seo snapped his fingers, Sehyoon hurried downstairs. "Mother May I, take Pussy and show him how I like the kitchen cleaned. Jackass will help with the rooms upstairs in 30 minutes." Seo snapped and I stood up, but Chan stayed sitting down. "Hey, Dickhead. Let's go."

Chan stayed sitting down. "Am I a dick or a pussy, make up your fucking mind." I wanted to shrink a way and die at this point. He was going to get us killed.

"You're a little bitch at the moment, get your ass in the kitchen." He went to hit Chan and I jumped.

Chan stood up, getting in his face. "You put your hands on me I swear to God I'll kill you, motherfucker." Seo chuckled, backing away. "Who's the pussy now?"

"You and I are gonna have fun together," Seo started to go downstairs.

I dragged Chan in the kitchen before he could say something. "What the fuck are you doing, Chan?" I asked, concerned with his erratic behavior. "This is not like you. I don't like this."

Chan rolled his eyes. "You don't even know me, don't act like you do. We met for a few hours and then we had to pretend the other didn't exist." He turned the sink on, starting the dishes.

"No. You have to have one sink of hot, soapy, bleach water and one sink of cold water." I started setting up. "And hand me that bucket."
He furrowed his eyebrows, picking it up for me.

Chan looked around. "Where's a mop?" He asked. I pointed at a cup with toothbrushes in it. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me."

I shook my head. "I clean up every day. It takes me about 20 minutes to just do the floor. So come do the dishes. I'm gonna try for 15 minutes today." I finished with the bucket and took it to the floor. I didn't talk when I did this at all.

"You clean every single day?" I nodded. "And what does Sehyoon do?" I didn't want to answer. But what could it hurt at this point?

I looked up at him. "You've seen my life. At least I had you to save me for a few hours." Chan nodded, turning back to the dishes.

After 30 minutes, the kitchen was spotless and Sehyoon was coming upstairs to help clean the bedrooms. Chan and I followed him, listening to him take charge. "I'll clean Byeongkwan's cot. I think he had a nightmare last night. Uhm... Chan, can you go ahead and get all the dirty clothes up and Jun you can strip the other cots and fold the blankets up  and put them in their cubbies? And then fold up the roll-aways?" I nodded, doing as i was asked.

"What took you thirty minutes to clean, Sehni?" Chan asked.

Sehyoon was ignoring him. "Chan, don't." I wanted.

Chan wouldn't let it go. "His beer bottles? Empty the trash can with the condoms in it?" Why was he doing this?

"Shut the fuck up, Chan." Sehyoon said through gritted teeth.

He dropped it for the moment, leaving an awkward silence. "You're lying to us, Chan," I said, folding up the cots. "You're not here for a program." Chan shrugged, taking all the clothes to the laundry room. "He's being weird," I sighed.

Sehyoon turned to look at me. "Do you think any of this is remotely normal? You've been here for less than a week, I've been here for years. This is not your fucking normal. This is my normal. And I don't know why the fuck either of you want that so bad." With that, he went back to cleaning. I just kept quiet, thinking to myself about why Chan was here.

Soulmates - k.yc • p.jhजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें