Part 20

Part 20

Shyam entered his house and saw his Dadi sitting in the outside lawn of the house reading newspaper..

"Good morning Dadi" said Shyam going near her.

"Good morning Munna" said Subadhra and got up to hug her dearest grandson.

Shyam too hugged her grandmother..

"How are you ?? How did the work went ?"asked Subadhra coming out of the hug

"I am fine and the work went well Dadi" said Shyam..

Shyam sat on the chair beside Dadi..

"I got a news from Sheesh Mahal" said Subadhra.

"What is it ?" asked Shyam curiously.

" Akash's soon to be in laws have come from Delhi for marriage" said Subadhra.

"I know that already.." said Shyam.

Subadhra looked at him questioningly.. Shyam explained his encounter with Khushi while coming..

"She is soo beautiful Dadi.. " said Shyam.

Subadhra was displeased with Shyam's interest in her..

"Don't go by a woman's charms Shyam.. I am thinking to marry you off with a rich princess who meets Subadhra's standards.." said Subadhra.

Just then, a woman came there wearing a simple plain saree with a coffee tray in her hand..

"See this woman who is your mother... I thought if I bring a girl from poor family as my bahu, she will listen to my words.. But she is good for nothing.. She is good only at household works.. The only good thing she did in her whole life is giving you to me.. But this stupid girl failed me in that too.. If she had given birth to you few days earlier, then you would have been heir of Raizadas and be Malik of this village.. As she gave birth to you few days late, now Arnav became heir.." said Subadhra looking angrily at her bahu, Radha who lowered her head fearing her mother in law.

" Now, coming to the matter, there is one more news you have to know" said Subadhra.

"What is it Dadi ?"asked Shyam taking coffee cup from his mother.

"Yesterday night, Devyani talked with Arnav regarding Second marriage.. But he denied to marry again straight away.." said Subadhra.

Shyam nodded his head thinking, "But what if Devyani and Anjali make him accept just like first time ?"

"I don't think so.. This time Arnav is more firm on his decision of not marrying" said Subadhra.

"Good to hear then.." said Shyam.

"Yes.. If Arnav doesn't marry until this Shravana month, then I will make you the Malik of this village as you are elder to Arnav" said Subadhra..

Radha sighed hearing their plans and went from there taking the coffee tray..

Radha is an naïve woman from poor family whom Subadhra brought from her village and married off to her son..Radha never got love from her husband and mother in law.. She suffered a lot in the hands of her drunkard husband.. Radha didn't like what her husband and Subadhra are doing to get Raizada property but she doesn't have any courage to stop them.. She thought her son wouldn't be a puppet in the hands of her mother in law but her son too proved her wrong.. Shyam too became greedy like her mother in law..