Chapt. 24

The winter holidays had officially started and in their regular tradition Elsa, Rapunzel, Merida and Anna were doing their Christmas shopping together. They'd shop for their family together, normally consulting on what gift to get for parents and friends and siblings (they did their shopping for each other separately naturally).
"You think Kristoff would like a watch?" Anna asked. "I could get it engraved,"
"Get him a snow globe," Merida said.
"Another one?" Anna sighed.
"He loves the things," Elsa said, "He loves anything that has to do with winter. Honesty you couldn't have picked a better guy to be part of our family," She teased her little sister.
"Elsa," Anna whined. The other three laughed. "Punzie, what are you getting Flynn,"
"A satchel," She replied.
"A satchel? For Christmas?" Elsa asked.
"He's been complaining that his bag fraying, but you know Eugene, he won't get a new one until the old one has gone beyond repair,"
"Maybe I should just pick up a bunch of carrots, slap a bow on them and give that to Kristoff,"
"He'd like that, I'm sure," Merida said, "He's a guy with simple taste, unlike the three devils I live with,"
"Why don't you get the usual,"
"Mom doesn't want to buy them any 'destructive' toys as she put it. She says they're a bad influence. Like if, those three were destructive from the time they exited the womb."
"I know what you could get them," Rapunzel said, "Bows, they're old enough to start learning aren't they? And it wouldn't be great if they follow in the steps of their big sister. One day they could be co-captains of Disney's archery team,"
"Teach my bothers how to use a weapon, yeah, that's going to go well," Merida snorted but then she thought about it, "I was their age when I started archery...but I'll have to talk with mom and dad,"
"What about you Elsa?" Rapunzel asked.
"What about me what?"
"What are you getting for Jack?"
She sighed, "I don't know yet. I haven't decided."
"You know Christmas is next week,"
"I'm well aware,"
"You should go with my suggestion, he'll love it," Anna said.
"No, absolutely not,"
"What'd you suggest?" Merida asked.
"A mistletoe hat,"
Merida and Rapunzel laughed, "He'd certainly like that," Rapunzel said.
"Although Elsa is right to not buy it," Merida said.
"Thank you Merida,"
"It's just be a waste of money anyway, if what Anna says is true about the amount of time you two can spend in a lip lock,"
Elsa redden as the three girls laughed.
"But I seriously don't know what to get him,"
"Did he say anything?"
"No, and since it's our first Christmas I really want it to be special,"
"You'll think of something, let's walk around an maybe something will catch your eye. They did walk around, and get a quiet a bit of shopping done, but Elsa still didn't have a gift for Jack. She decided to give for the day and sleep on it. Part of their shopping tradition was to treat themselves, so the four headed into their favourite boutique.

"What do you think of this?" Elsa asked the others holding out a short black and white dress.
"For who? You?" Merida asked.
"Yeah,"
"It's really sexy, any particular reason you're getting it?" Rapunzel smirked at her.
"Jack invited her over for dinner," Anna explained.
"It's a bit much for a family dinner," Rapunzel said.
"Oh no, it's going to be just them," Anna said. Merida and Rapunzel were both suddenly alert.
"Dinner at his place?" Merida grinned.
"All by your lonesome, and you're going to be wearing that?" Rapunzel indicated to the dress. "Those things all add up to an interesting evening,"
"Oh shut up," Elsa rolled her eyes, "It's just dinner,"
"His making his family leave the house,"
"Only because we don't want to go out for obvious reasons,"
"Sure Elsa," Anna said with a coy grin. She phone cut her teasing short. "Hey Kristoff, how was practice?"
While she talked Merida and Rapunzel scooted closer to Elsa.
"So, are things between you and Jack getting serious?" Rapunzel asked.
"What do you mean?" Elsa asked in a weary tone. She did not like where this was heading.
"You know, like where are you two?"
"I'm in the mall with you and I didn't know where he is right now, maybe at his home,"
"Haha, very funny Elsa," Merida dead panned, hitting her lightly, "We're just curious,"
"We're together, what more is there to explain?"
"There's a lot more to explain. Do you just like him? Do you love him?"