Chapt. 26

"I couldn't possibly stay," Elsa said quickly.

"Don't be foolish. It's horrible out there, and with the power gone the roads are going to pitch black. And if the roads are closes you may not be able to get home anyway,"
"But," Elsa blushed, "I wouldn't want to impose or anything,"
"I'd rather you stay the night than going out there. It's only one night,"
"Yeah, but..."
"No more buts. You're staying,"
"I'm not even sure if my parents will want that,"
"I'm sure they want you to be safe and not driving on those roads in this weather."
"Okay, I'll call them,"

Elsa sighed and dialled her mother's cell.
"Elsa, honey, are you okay?"
"Where is she?" She heard her father say in the background.
"I'm fine," Elsa said, "I'm still at Jack's,"
She mother let out a sigh, "Thank goodness, we were afraid you might be on the roads. The powers gone out here,"
"Yeah, over here too. Ah, Jack's mom wants to talk to you,"
"Of course," Her mother replied. Elsa passed the phone over.
"Hello Mrs. Winters. I was thinking Elsa should spend the night here. This isn't the kind of weather anyone should have to drive in." A pause, "I completely agree." Another pause, longer this time. "Absolutely not, I'll make sure,"
Jack and Elsa looked at each other as the conversation continued, both wondering what was being said from the other side. When Jack's mom laughed at something their eyebrows shot up. What could they be laughing about?
"I promise you," Jack mother said, "And it's no bother. My youngest is already excited about the prospects of a sleepover," Again a pause, "No need for thanks. Yes, hold on," Jack's mother handed the phone back to Elsa. "Ellie, let get you in some warm PJ's huh," She took her daughter hands.
"Elsa's staying right?"
"Yes, my dove,"

"Hello?" Elsa said into her phone.
"Elsa, make sure you don't cause any trouble for Ms. Frost,"
"Mom," She hissed.
"I'm actually glad you won't have to drive home tonight,"
"What about dad?"
"He's not the happiest. he wanted to go get you, but that would just put you both in unnecessary danger. He agrees that it is safest for you stay where you are, even if he doesn't like the idea of you and Jack sleeping together,"
"Could you not say it like that?" She heard her father say and she had to agree as a blush lit up her face.
"Are you guys okay over there?"
"You don't have to worry about us," Her mother said cheerfully, "You're sister already has candles lit. She says it's like a little camp out. Oh, Anna wants to talk to you," A pause and her sisters bubbly voice reached her eyes, "I bet you're going to have fun tonight," She teased.
"Oh, haha," Elsa deadpanned, "Yes, trying to keep warm will be very fun,"
"You know what the best way to stay warm is, don't you?" Her sister's tone suggestive.
"Anna!"
"I'm just saying, if it gets too cold there is always that option...I'd better shut up now because the vein in dad's forehead looks like it's going to explode."
"Good night Anna," Elsa said.
"I love you,"
"Love you too. And give mom and dad my love,"
"Will do,"

She hung up and looked at Jack.
"I'm surprised your father is letting you stay. I figured he'd try to get you himself,"
"He wanted too. Mom wouldn't let him,"
Jack chuckled, "Let's go get some candles lit," He lead her to the kitchen and got out a few candles in small glass jars, that looked like the scented kind and some that looked like the normal ones. They lit ones in jars, since those were safer. Taking them upstairs they put one in each bedroom, the hall and bathroom.
"Shouldn't we have left one in the living room?" Elsa asked.
"We could have, but it's like we're need to go there,"
"I'm sleeping on the sofa, aren't I?"
"No you're not," Jack said firmly.
"Where will I sleep?"
"In Jack's room," His mother said stepping out of Ellie's room. The teens blushed up to their ears. Jack started spluttering.
"Oh, don't get like that," She said with a mild laugh, "I was thinking Ellie would sleep with me, and Jack in here," She indicated back to Ellie's room, "And you can have his bed."
"Why don't I just sleep in Ellie's room,"
"Jack's bed is bigger, I want you to be comfortable,"
"I really don't want to be a bother,"
"It's not up for discussing Elsa," She said firmly.