Chapt. 38

"Someone get them!" Hercules cried, gripping his nose.

"Will that really do any good?"

"She must know all about the moonies. We can make her tell us," Hercules reasoned.

Several people ran off in the direction Elsa and the others had gone.

The four girls in question had made the bad decision of running down a hallway that led to a staircase. Even with Rapunzel and Merida on either side of her they were making slow progress up the stairs. Anna was bringing up the rear, alternating between examining her hand and glancing worriedly over her shoulder. They could hear the footsteps behind them.

"There's a point when the rivalry becomes insane," Merida said.

"We passed that point a long time ago." Rapunzel replied. They finally made it to the top of the stairs, but as they did Tinkerbelle, Vidia and Fawn appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

"There they are!" Fawn cried.

"Oh no," Anna groaned. The three girls bolted up the stairs two at a time. The four at the top froze, until Fawn grabbed Anna's hand, pulling her forward.

"Come on, we know where you can hide," Tinkerbelle said. She and Vidia gently, but hurriedly pushed Elsa, Rapunzel and Merida forward.

"Wait...you're helping us?" Merida asked.

"Hiccup would hate me if he found out I could help you and didn't," Tink replied.

"You know Hiccup?!" Merida exclaimed.

"It's a long story," Tink said. Ahead of them, Fawn and Anna had disappeared into a room. Vidia ran ahead and held the door open for Elsa. Tinkerbelle pushed Merida and Rapunzel in ahead of her. She glanced over her shoulder, double checking that hallway was clear, and closed the door.

They were in small room, with two large shelving cabinets, filled with tools, two by fours and other materials.

"Where are we?" Merida asked.

"Storage room for the inventors club." Tink explained. "Only Hiro and I have keys and we're both sympathetic to your situation."

"You knew didn't you?" Elsa asked.

Tinkerbell shrugged, "I had my suspicions. I'm sure Belle knows too."

"How do you know Hiccup?" Merida asked.

"We work at Maurice's shop together with Hiro."

"Isn't that Belle's father's place?" Rapunzel asked.

"Yeah. It's a great way to get hands on experience we can't get anywhere else. We're not best friends or anything, but we get along well enough. He's not such a bad guy, there are worst moonies to hang around,"

"Don't I know it," Elsa laughed.

Vidia, who was standing by the door put a finger to her lips. They heard several footsteps run pass the door.

"Thanks for helping us," Anna said. "Herc probably isn't too happy with me right now,"

"You're still holding your hand," Elsa noted, "Let me see,"

"Elsa I'm fine."

"Let me see," Elsa puller her sister closer, gently holding her hand in her palm. Carefully she moved her index finger and Anna flinched. "Don't tell me you sprained something...or worst."

"I don't think I punched him hard enough to break anything."

"Why'd you have to punch him in the first place?"