Chapt. 28

Elsa shifted uncomfortably on the couch waiting for someone to speak. Her fingers were woven into a tight knot, securely between her knees and the gaze was fixated there. It was safer to look there than into the eyes of her parents right now. When she'd come home her father had only pointed to the living without saying a word. Anna had only been a fleeting image at the top the stairs, no doubt banished to their room so their parents could speak with Elsa.

"So..." Her mother started, and Elsa braced for the worst, "We talked to Jack's mother this morning."
"She mentioned that," Elsa didn't look up.
"She mentioned you and Jack shared a bed,"
Elsa nodded, flinching when she heard her father take a breath.
"Do care to explain how that happened? Jack's mother promised us that you won't sleep in the same room."
"Dad, it isn't her fault," Elsa forced herself to meet her parents' gaze, "Jack was supposed to sleep in his sister's room. But we started playing a game and we fell asleep. Nothing happened. I swear."
"The issue isn't that the fact that you fell asleep together. The issue is that you were both aware the implications of that. You know very well why we wouldn't want you and Jack to share a bed,"
"Yes," Elsa murmured.
"Elsa, we are aware that you're getting older. Soon enough you'll be an adult and you will start to find yourself getting into...tempting situations. We don't want to prevent from experiencing your adulthood, but at the same time we are still your parents and only have your best interest at heart. Having sex isn't something to be taken lightly,"
"I know," Elsa wanted to curl up and die.
"Do you really know?"
"Of course, you raised me, didn't you. You raised me to make right choices. And Jack's mom raised him to do the same,"
"But you are both still human, and can make mistakes. You're young, inexperienced and most importantly at that age where-"
"Okay, I get it," Elsa cut her mother before she said something too scaring (although, if Elsa had to say this whole talk so far was several levels past 'too scaring').

"We think you're old enough to sit and talk about this like an adult,"
"Yeah, I like being a teen, so can we can just stay at the that level for a couple more years."
"Unfortunately, you're not going to be teenager forever. However if you want I could just ground teenaged Elsa and forbid you from seeing Jack ever again,"
"Okay, I can talk about this like an adult," Elsa said quickly, hoping to earn a chuckle from her folks. No luck.
"I want you to be honest with me here; when you and Jack began to feel tried, how much of an effort did he make to go to his sister's room?"
"He mentioned it once," She said, her voice dropping a bit.
"And what about you?"
"I..." She blushed, "I did ask him to stay for a few more minutes," She admitted.
"Mm-hm," She father makes a sound like he was expecting this. "Why?"

Elsa didn't answer right away, because she didn't have one. Well she did, but she didn't want to tell her parents that she didn't make Jack leave because she was comfortable sleeping in his arms.
"I didn't want him to go," She finally said.
"Elsa," Her mother started, "Do you think you and Jack want a physical relationship?"
Elsa felt her brain seize. She wasn't sure if she would die from embarrassment or faint from all the blood in her body rushing to her cheeks.
"No," She managed to get out, "No. I promise, we aren't going...to do that." Discussing it like adults be dammed. Elsa was not, repeat, was not going to blatantly discuss about having sex with Jack, to her parents.
"We want to believe that, but considering how much of an effort you two made to sleep apart we're a little apprehensive to say the least."
"Mom, Dad, you know me. You know I wouldn't do something like that,"
"We know you Elsa, but Jack we only just met," Her father said.
"We just want to be sure you'll be safe, sweetheart,"
"Then believe me. If you don't trust Jack just like that, okay. But trust me when I say you can trust him. Jack and I aren't ready for that step. We talked about it,"
"You did?" Her parents sounded surprised. "If you're already talking about it then that means you've been thinking about it," Adgar said.
"No, I promise you, no. When we woke up this morning we talked about it, mostly because you knew you would freak out. And...well, it wasn't much of a discussion and more of us skirting around the topic. But we both have the same thoughts about it never the less. We're not going to cross that bridge until we're ready, and we're not going to be ready for many, many, many years,"