Chapt. 36

Jack pushed and shoved his way through the crowds forming at the end of ski run. He could already see the snowmobiles of the emergency crews on the slope.
"RAPUNZEL LET ME GO!" He heard someone cry and knew it was Anna.
He knocked someone who he was pretty sure from Disney aside and broke through the front of the crowd. He started running again, but someone grabbed him again. He tried to shove them off but they kicked him in the back of the knee and he collapsed into the snow.
"Good god Frost!" It was Merida yelling at him, "What the hell are you thinking?"

Jack looked up and met her fiery gaze, "I'm going to her,"
"And what do you think you can do? Even if you could run up the mountain to get her you'll only get in the emergency crews. He gritted his teeth. He knew she was right. He'd be useless to help her and he hated that. His body still told him to run.

He heard someone yelling to get out of the way, but all he could do was focus on the spot on the slope where the snowmobiles had converged. Merida grabbed him under his arm and hauled him to his feet, pulling him out of the away of ambulance. Mummers broke out in the crowd. Jack felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand and it wasn't from the cold.

"You know what you've done," Merida said next to him, even as they continued focusing on the slope.
"Sorry," But he didn't sound sorry, his voice was horse with frustration, "I just saw, and then I was running."
Merida let out a grumble, "I can't blame you. I was jumping over people to get out of the stands and Anna..." They both looked over to where Anna was still fighting against Rapunzel and Kristoff, "She moved so fast if she hadn't fallen we wouldn't have been able to catch up with her."

Just then the snowmobiles started to descend the mountain. Jack, Anna, Merida, Rapunzel, Kristoff and Flynn ran forward but the crew held them back.
"Please, that's my sister," Anna cried, tears running down her cheeks.
"We're her friends," Rapunzel said. The snowmobiles had reached the bottom now and they could see Elsa strapped onto a sled behind one. She wasn't moving and appeared to be unconscious. Anna released a pained cried that tore at Jack's heart, almost as much as seeing Elsa like that did. They watched as they moved her to the gurney and lifted her into the back of the ambulance.
"We'll let one person go with her," One of the paramedics said.
Jack felt a gut urge to move but Anna was already running. He made a tight fist to stop his hands from shaking.
"We'll met you at the hospital," Rapunzel said to Anna, before she turned to the others. "Let's go,"

"Wait, what's his deal?" Flynn said pointing to Jack. Before he and Kristoff had been more concerned with Elsa but not they turned their eyes to Jack. Jack took a breath, knowing he should stand up and say something, now that the cat was out of the bag. Rapunzel spoke up before he could.
"I'll tell you later," She said pushing them, "But we have to get to the hospital. Merida, come on,"
Merida took a few steps but stopped next to Jack.

"It's going to be hell,"
"I know," He said.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to get my sister and then I'll see you at the hospital,"
Merida looked him out of the corner of her eyes. "You're not going to get away that easily."
"I know, but I'll be there as soon as I can. Call me if anything happens," Jack said. Merida just nodded before running after Rapunzel.

Jack felt the eyes burning into his back. He turned and dozens of students from Disney and DreamWork's alike were staring at him, they're eyes cold. Whispers hovered in the air. He didn't need to hear them to know what they were staying. He turned walking towards the stands. Hiccup ran up, catching him.
"What are doing?"
"I'm getting Ellie,"
"And then what?"
"I'm going to hospital,"
"You know you have another event later,"
"I'm sorry if I don't care about the next event." Jack said harshly. Hiccup grabbed him by the shoulders, forcing him to look at him.
"Jack, I need you think for a moment. You can't leave yet!"
"Says who,"
"You have to participate,"
"I don't care about the rivalry right now,"
"It's not for the rivalry you idiot," Hiccup said harshly, "Listen to me. It's out, and everyone is looking at you. It's bad as is, what they are doing to say if you abandon them. I'm thinking about you. If you at least take part in the next event they can't hold that against you."
"But," Jack's voice was weak.
"I get it," Hiccup lowered his voice, "I get it. I do. If it was Astrid there's no way I would be thinking straight. But think about this, how are you going to get to the hospital? You came with North. Do you think he's going to take you? Even if he does that will probably take hours of convincing."
"I'll fine a way,"
"I'll take you,"
"What?"
"I'll take you to the hospital,"
"You will?"
"Yes. As soon as we finish the run,"
"Hiccup, I can't think about the run."
"You have to try. I know you're not thinking about yourself now. But I am. Elsa is with people who can help her. Even if you get there, there isn't anything you do. Let's at least try to keep you alive,"
Jack gritted his teeth. He hated to admit it but Hiccup was right.
"And talking about keeping you alive..." Hiccup saw Donkey pushing through the crowds towards them, "Let's get to a competitors area." He pulled him Jack with him. They wouldn't be able to avoid everyone forever, but he was determined to at least to make it through today.
"Ellie, where is she?"
"She's with Sandy, she'll be fine." Jack said. Hiccup nodded and pushed Jack ahead of into an area exclusively for competitors. Now they had to wait, only it was a little less than two hours until their next event. Jack kept asking Hiccup to leave and a few times he almost caved but he was almost sure Elsa would be fine, they'd gotten to her quickly. If Jack didn't compete because of Disney princess he'd be dead for sure. Hiccup hated it. He hated it a lot. He hated asking Jack to do this when his heart wasn't in it.