CHAPTERS 695 - 696

CHAPTER 695

"Jane!" Edwin Carter grabbed Jane Ronan's hand in utter excitement.

This time, he was 100 percent sure that he did not just hallucinate, but indeed, Jane moved. She gave him a response.

"Jane, don't rush it, let's take it slowly. You can get up slowly."

Edwin was so exhilarated that he did not know what to do, just like a silly boy. It seemed inappropriate to hold onto Jane tightly, but he did not want to let go of her either.

After going to great lengths, spending so much time and effort, the wait seemed like years. Upon Edwin's anticipation day and night, finally, Jane opened her.eyes slowly.

However, as she had been unconscious for too long, just as she opened her eyes, she felt a beam of glaring sunlight. The light hurt her eyes, and she teared uncontrollably.

Instinctively, she shut her eyes. "Jane, don't worry. I'll draw the curtains together then you can try opening your eyes again."

Through Jane's subtle movement, Edwin knew what she needed. He quickly drew the curtains and closed the door. The lights dimmed and the room got darker.

He returned to Jane's side and said, "Jane, try to open your eyes again."

Jane slowly opened her eyes again. However, because the light in the room was too dim, she could not see Edwin clearly even though he was close at hand.

"Jane, get used to this for a while, and see if it gets better later." Edwin's nervous voice echoed in Jane's ears. It was not difficult to notice those words he said portrayed his care and affection towards Jane.

"Edwin..." Jane opened her mouth, but she could not make a sound. Although it was just a small act of opening her eyes and mouth, she already used up almost all her strength.

Jane thought to herself, "How can I be so useless and make Edwin worry?"

But for Edwin, it was beyond delightful that Jane could wake up. So what if she could not speak for the time being?

"Jane, it doesn't matter. Let's take your time to recover slowly!" Edwin bent over and kissed her forehead gently.

At this moment, he was overjoyed. He waited for three months. With him feeling disappointed day after day, Jane woke up miraculously today. What else could excite him more than this?

When Edwin kept reassuring her, Jane felt even more anxious, because she didn't want him to be sad for her. She moved and tried to sit up. However, because she had been in a coma for too long and her body was in poor condition, she only managed to budge a little and then lied down.

"Jane, we're not in a hurry!" Edwin touched her face and said, "I'll call the doctor over."

Since Jane could not say anything, Edwin did not wait for her answer. He summoned a few doctors who were on-call.

Jane was completely awake, which meant she was entirely out of critical condition.

When the doctors saw her, they all breathed a great sigh of relief and smiled. They have not smiled this wide for a long time. It meant that they could save themselves from being executed together with Jane, if unfortunately Jane could never wake up again.

After a series of hard work, Jane was prescribed intravenous nutrition and many methods were taken to aid her recovery in strength.

After the doctors left, Jane finally opened her eyes. As soon as she opened them, her first thought was to touch her abdomen.