[ skephalo ] - kingdom (3/?)

im a sucker for gay boys and happy endings sue me

The blue haired boy stared out of his window, eyes gazing up at the heavens. Every so often, he'd close his eyes, only to jolt awake once more. He was supposed to go to sleep before, wasn't he? Oh well, he'd already screwed that up. Might as well stay up a bit later cause he could. 

It's almost 2 in the morning when Skeppy finds himself waking up again, this time however, because of a noise. You see, the boy had been trained from birth to protect; and what good is all that training for if he can't be aware of every single noise around him? It's dumb, yeah, but it does come in handy when you need to make sure that there isn't a hidden assassin out somewhere to murder the crown prince of your kingdom- which, Skeppy finds himself thinking, has happened far too many times for his liking. 

"Is anyone out there?" He called to the darkness, not expecting to recieve a reply. So when a boy clad in a dark outfit stepped out of the shadows, giving him a quiet reply of, "I'm here," the diamond encrusted boy was very understandably shocked. 

"Ah, I'm sorry! Did I scare you?" 

Eyes adjusting to the dark, Skeppy noted some features of the slightly taller male standing infront of him. For one, he had clear, emerald green eyes. Unlike anything he'd ever seen before, the boy's eyes were mesmerizing. He was also lean and skinny, arms covered with oversized sleeves. The blue haired boy could see bandaids and old scars littered on the taller's legs, causing him to wonder what happened to this angelic being in front of him.

"Whats your name?" He asks cautiously, wanting to make sure that the boy that he might've fallen in love with (ah shit, Techno will kill him when he finds out) wasn't an enemy or someone who could cause harm to him or his friends (and the royal family, he supposes). 

"Oh, uhm- Call me Badboyhalo!" The boy greets, bowing down- in the process letting the shorter boy see the glowing white wings and halo illuminating his body. 

"Nice to meet you, uh- Bad. I'm Skeppy," he says, reaching a hand out to shake Bad's sweater-clad hand. "Nice to meet you too, Geppy!" The taller boy giggles, smiling.

'Oh shit, it's official. I've fallen for a boy I just met.'

--

Ever since they'd first met, this kind of meetup had become a weekly occurance. They had first met about 2 years ago, maybe, and every week, Bad would show up without fail (or leave a note saying things like, 'Sorry, I had to go take care of my friend :( He got really sick and I didn't want him to get worse' to explain why he'd gone) and the two would just sit and talk. One time, Skeppy almost held Bad's hand, and he was so close to just disappearing into a puddle of anxiety and embarrassment. 

The thing is, nobody knew about Bad, and Skeppy planned on keeping it that way.

People had their suspicions as to why the young guard would sometimes be seen sneaking food away from the table (he covered up with a simple 'I'm saving it for later', but he could tell they still had their doubts). He didn't want the kingdom to find out about the angel, because the thing was, a few months into their friendship, he found something out about the boy.

He happened to be from the Kingdom of Dreams, and was infact the Prince's assistant. 

You might be wondering why that's such a bad thing. It wouldn't be, if there wasn't a rivalry between the Somnia Kingdom and the Kingdom of Dreams. You would think, with names like those, the two kingdoms would be the best of friends. 

Unfortunately enough, that's far from the truth. 

When the youngest prince was about 8 years old- his Royal Highness, Prince Tommy- the crown prince of the Kingdom of Dreams got into a scuffle with the boy, and in the end, he nearly died; causing the two kingdoms to have to settle on an agreement. They would not ever engage with one another, and anyone found disobeying the rules would be executed.

His Royal Majesty, King Phil eventually tried to negotiate, for a reason still unknown to the public (that Skeppy knew was because of Technoblade's infatuation with the rival prince); and managed to break that agreement. Now, however, the two kingdoms were in a rivalry.

Was that better or worse?

Honestly, Skeppy didn't know. Probably for the better, because before, he and Bad would've been executed for talking to one another. Yeah, definitely better.

"Oh, Skeppy!" A voice snaps him out of his thoughts, waving at him from outside his window. "Geppy!" Sometimes, Bad would mispronounce his name. Personally, he didn't mind, because it was actually quite cute.
"I brought you something.. hold up, let me get it." The boy outside the window reached into his bag, pulling out.. a plate of cookies? "I made you some biscuits," Bad explained, wings glowing bright as ever. "Thank you, Bad," Skeppy said, reaching for one of the pastries, popping it into his mouth.

"This is really good!" He ends up saying, mouth full of food. "Hey, muffin- don't talk with your mouth full! That's not good for you," Bad says, pouting. And obviously, Skeppy stops, because who could possibly refuse the literal angel standing in front of him?

They chat a while longer, until Bad has to leave to return to his kingdom. "Hey, Bad?"
He stops in his tracks, confused look on his face. "What is it, Geppy?" "Do- do you think that one day we'll be able to meet up- like, properly? In the daylight? And like- just spend time with each other?"

The older boy smiles, making Skeppy's heart flutter again. "Of course, Geppy." And then Bad makes a bold move, grabbing ahold of the younger boy's hands and pressing a light kiss to his face. "I have to get going now, but I'll be back next week- or tommorrow, if I can," he promised, retracting his wings and escaping into the dark forest.

Skeppy pressed a hand to the cheek that Bad had kissed.
'Did- did that really just happen?' 

He would wonder if he was dreaming in the morning, of course. But nothing would ever disprove the fact that the angel who stole his heart loved him back.

--wc: 1074 words

yooo skephalo?? i havent done a proper oneshot of that in so long lmfao
i decided to write this cause i always go to them if i need a wholesome couple lol
also idk what to write next lmao so suggest stuff for me pls n ty
- a4 out <3