ICHI

playlist-♡

🎶

mxmtoon- prom dress

↪ ⏪ ▶ ⏩ 🔊

00:05 ----●----------------------------------- 03:17

As the wind rustled through the leaves of every tree, the breeze ruffles her kimono slightly

As the wind rustled through the leaves of every tree, the breeze ruffles her kimono slightly. She perks up, hearing her name called from the garden below her.

"Your Majesty! Your father has called you for your daily brunch!"

"Thank you Lee. I shall be there right away."

Patting the imaginary dust from her skirt, she strolls towards the gazebo, where her father, mother and siblings were eating brunch.

At the center of the pavilion was a low table, filled with loaves of freshly baked bread, jams and filling containers scattered on the wooden surface. Tall wooden pitchers of juice stood at the side, while a bowl of fruits lay as the centerpiece. Bowls of omelette rice sat in each of the family members' plates on the table.

Wiping her newly washed hands on a piece of cloth, she kneels at her place at the table, saying a prayer as she thanked the gods for such wonderful food.

"Itadakimasu," is what she says before taking her chopsticks and eating the savory dish.

In the middle of finishing her meal, Y/N is interrupted by her father whom has spoken up.

"Y/N, I have some news for you."

"What is it, Father?"

"Do you remember the Prince of the Mominigaoka?"

"Ah yes. I remember him," she purses her lips in slight disgust as she remembers the hotheaded royal who had expressed his affections for her. She also takes note of the piles and piles of gifts left unopened on the floor of her bedroom

She shakes her head.

Sending such lavish gifts shall not erase my views on his tyrannical rule and chaotic personality.

"As our kingdoms are both allied and since he has admitted his affections for you, I- with his parents of course- have decided to officially tie our kingdoms together."

"But that would mean-"

"-Yes. You are to go to Mominigaoka this afternoon. In a few days, you will be married to Prince Ren of Mominigaoka by the light of the silver moon."

The girl stands up abruptly, startling her twin brothers who were slathering blueberry jam onto their bread.

"But Father! He is a tyrant! Look at how he treats his people! He only rules for the fun of it! How could I possibly-"

Her mother cuts her off with a stern look, her Quirk- Aura- releasing waves of dominance towards the people seated at the brunch table.

"Sit down Y/N!"

She sits back, and the queen gives a deep sigh.

"Dearest daughter, it doesn't matter if he is a chaotic person. Who knows if his attitude may change someday. It may be hard but you have to bear it. As the princess and the eldest to the throne, you are to rule first alongside him. It is your duty to serve the kingdom- Musutafu -first."

'Oh yeah? Well tell that to him.'

"All right, Mother. Then I shall be getting ready in my room for now. Call for me when it is ready to leave. Excuse me," she replied in a clipped tone. Picking up her skirts with a single move, Y/N walks back to her quarters with dread of what is to come.

"Your Highness," a girl whom had just came in bowed to her, "I shall fasten your jūnihitoe on now."

"It's Y/N, Lili," The princess chided playfully, bowing in response. Blonde and blue-eyed Yoshinori Lili was the royal tailor and her best friend along with Lee, her brother. She walks in with the jūnihitoe in hand, a small smile on her lips.

The jūnihitoe was a kimono of sorts, worn only by royalty. But as it had many layers of cloth, Lili had tailored it out with soft, airy fabric made of gossamer silk and satin. The cloth was peach mainly, with some parts colored white and adorned with cherry blossom embroidery. The obi slightly shimmered with its gold color.

"I'm just teasing you. Here. Put this on first," She hands Y/N her undergarments and sets out the clothing on her bed smoothly, as not to create folds and wrinkles.

Once the H/C ette was done dressing into the peach-colored fabric, she sat in front of her mirror, the female tailor standing behind her to fix her hair. Lili began tying her H/C tresses in loops to form a braid, mixing in cherry blossom pins and jasmine flowers.

She liked it. Not too tight, not too loose.

Before leaving, she takes one last look at her room before closing the door and walking outside, with Lili and her bags in tow.

They stood there as the coachmen take her bags into the carrier. The blonde tailor smiles unknowingly at her companion, who looks at her back with an eyebrow raised.

"What are you looking at the clothing for, dear Lili?"

"I made this a few weeks ago for your birthday, but seeing as we can't celebrate your birthday together..." The blonde faltered. Y/N bit her lip. E/C orbs glinted with guilt and sorrow as the owner of those eyes approached her friend, clasping her hands in hers as she looked back at those blue eyes glistening with tears.

And for once, she was lost for words.

They were best friends for so long that she forgot what it was like to be without her even if it's for a short while.

"Don't worry. You'll do okay!" Lili blurts out, "I know you'll do great. You'll be fine, so don't worry anymore!"

The princess gives a watery smile, hugged her, and slipped into the carriage.

She takes a careful look in her small satchel, hidden in the folds of the jūnihitoe. Inside was her white handkerchief, made by the best weavers of Musutafu Kingdom, along with her blue fan and a charm given to her from her grandmother, whom had passed away a long time ago.

"It'll give you the strength to move forward, little blossom. Don't ever lose it," her deceased grandmother had said.

Y/N closed her eyes.

Breathe, Y/N.

You'll be okay.

It's fine.

Looking outside the carriage, she found her family waving at her from the entrance, along with Lili who have joined them.

The E/C eyed princess grinned back. As the carriage began to move, she never stopped waving to them until the vehicle along with its passenger disappeared in the distance.