The Dragon Keeper

The Dragon Keeper

Willow March is an ordinary teenager. She goes to school, has a part time job, spends countless hours on the internet, watches cartoons and is in charge of communicating and caring for dragons. Okay, she’s not that ordinary, but for the most part she is. Its Will’s job as the Dragon Keeper to aid the dragons when in need, solve any type of trouble that endangers them and to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that no human discovers the dragons’ existence. That last bit might be a problem considering that some man-eating dragons are done with being in hiding. But with the help of her (handsome) familiar, Samael, it shouldn’t be difficult, right?

 SNEEK PEEK!!! 

“Will! The fridge is on fire again!”

Oh sweet baby dragons, this is the third time this week! I sit up from my bed, my long whiter than the usual blonde hair completely tangled and knotted. I’m aging prematurely because of this nonsense. I get up from my ever so comfortable bed and flinch as my feet touch the ice-cold floor. Sluggishly, I walk my way down to the kitchen to extinguish the fire. I suppose normal people would be more…I don’t know, panicked if there was a fire, but this is actually the norm in my household. Something is always on fire.

At least it wasn’t the kitchen sink… this time.

When the flames faded to smoke and the smoke detector stopped beeping its obnoxious alarm I let out a frustrated sigh. I thought Saturdays were supposed to be days where people can sleep in. I turn around away from the burnt fridge to glare at the one at fault.