𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙡

[Gracie's POV]

Just a day before the sports festival. I'm so nervous I feel like I might throw up. I sighed as I plopped my body on my bed, Bakugou's scent was still lingering on the sheets. 

Today we both agreed to not hang out since we both needed the last day for training. I was wearing my usual workout clothes, a grey push up bra, grey tights and my jogging sneakers. I took out my phone and sent Bakugou a picture of me standing in front of the mirror.

Katsuki 💚🧡💏:

That's a pretty outfit you have on

Bet it looks better thrown across the floor ;)

Me:

I bet my fist looks better your ass ;)

Katsuki 💚🧡💏:

dumbass

Me:

Your dumbass ❤

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. I still can't believe that I'm actually in a relationship with Bakugou. It still feels so surreal to me. 

I took a shower and changed out of my clothes. I wore a pair of ripped jeans, long sleeved shirt with one of my favorite artists in the front and my usual black converse. Today I was going to visit my mom for the first time in almost seven months. 

I checked if I had everything in my backpack and zipped it close. I concentrated on opening a portal to the hospital where my mom is staying, luckily opening portals don't drain my energy. Once the portal was opened I stepped on the other side of the concrete floor. 

I checked around my surroundings, no one was near. I closed the portal behind me and started to walk to the hospital. My mom stays in the San Pedro hospital in sunny California. 

The automatic doors slid open, the cold dying air of the hospital sent shivers throughout my whole body. I never really liked hospitals. The thought of people are practically in their death beds without knowing, or slowly decaying of an incurable sickness. 

I walked over to the counter where the nurses were typing on their computers. 

"Excuse me, I'm here to see my mother. Her name is Miko". The nurse kept typing without making any eye contact with me "She's in room 256 dear" the nurse said. I softly gave her a small thank you before making my way to room 256. 

I softly knocked on the door, a faint come in was barely audible. I opened the door to the room, machines slowly beeped, the soft murmur of the ac, and different to the normal stench of death, sadness and decay the hospital had, my mom's room smelled of lilies, roses and lavender.  

My mom was laid on her bed sleeping peacefully. She had those small tubes in her nose to help her have more oxygen and help her breath better. The machines watched her heart rate with slow beeps. She was wearing her usual baby blue nightgown and her white flower cap wrapped around her head. 

I walked over to her bed, softly traced my index finger on her cheek. My mom turned her head to me with a little smile on her face, her eyes were small, wrinkly and tired, result from her endless nights of throwing up, medication, and other things. 

"Angelita, is that you?" her soft voice called out to me. 

"Hi mami" I softly rubbed my moms' cold cheek. My mom always called me Angelita which was Spanish for small female angel. 

"You came to visit me" she said in almost disbelief. I softly chuckled at my mom "You thought I wasn't going to visit the woman that went under anesthesia and got her stomach opened in half just so that I could come out?", My mom chuckled a little and coughed into the cold air.