who is this kid? pt 3

that picture BLOWS MY MIND

peter's pov:
oh my god. i am going to strangle someone if one more person mentions the avengers. i mean yea sure i know that we're at the avengers tower but come on still.

"look there's captain america!" abe yells and points down the hallway from the cafeteria, where steve is coming in our direction with loki on his tail. no, literally, loki turned himself into a fluffy rodent, kind of like a chipmunk i guess, and was clinging to cap's ass.

"hi there kids!" steve greets us and waves at everyone. loki scurries down his pant leg and runs and jumps on every table, as if he was looking for something. "i heard a rumour that there was a special someone amongst you." he grins.

damn i forgot that natasha would probably tell the team about me... i can still try to surprise them though:(

i lean my elbows onto the table and listen to steve talking about what he does and answering questions, but i'm also keeping an eye on loki, who's getting closer and closer to me. eventually, he runs along the table i'm at, only to stop and back track until he reaches me. loki sits back and turns back into himself, startling everyone but steve and i.

"hello mister loki god of mischief sir." i mutter shyly, not having the usual confidence that i have in my time when i'm in the suit. loki starts laughing.

"captain, it's him. come on, kid, let's go to the penthouse." he glances at the teacher for permission (which was granted obviously) while i glance over at steve nervously, who is looking at me as if he were a proud dad. i stand and walk out of the room with the two of them, everyone else watching me with envy, especially flash. we make our way up to the penthouse.

all three of us go to the living room, and i sit in my usual corner by force of habit, only looking up when my senses tell me i'm being watched. all of the avengers are looking at me, and i probably look like a deer in headlights.

tony's pov:
LOL the kid looks like a deer caught in headlights! oh my gosh i should call him bambi sometimes!

"so peter, everyone is surprised, good job kid." i say to peter, the others looking at me with that you knew?? look on their faces, well except for natasha, steve and loki.

"thanks mister stark." he smiles brightly at me. "hi everyone, i guess you know by now that um, i'm spider-man. so uh, yea... oh and apparently all of my confidence and extrovertness comes with the suit..."

everyone just coos at him being adorable and they take turns asking him questions and getting to know the kid beneath the mask a little better.

-

requests?

also don't expect very consistent chapter lengths in this book aha some will probably be much longer than others but for the most part i'm gonna say they'll be relatively short like this one because let's be real, i'm a master procrastinator.