PHOBIA FACTS

😱

11.Coulrophobia" is the fear of clowns. The word possibly originates from Greek word kolon, meaning "stilt" or "stilt-walkers.

12.Xanthophobia is the fear of the colour yellow.

13.Acrophobia fear can lead to anxiety attacks and avoidance of high places. People who suffer from this phobia may go to great lengths to avoid high places such as bridges, towers, or tall buildings.

14.Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Mussolini and Hitler all suffered from ailurophobia, the fear of cats.

15.Arachnophobia is the fear of spiders and other arachnids. This phobia is quite common, affecting as many as 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men.
16.A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder that causes an individual to experience extreme, irrational fear about a situation, a living creature, place, or object. Phobias are diagnosable mental disorders.

17.Agoraphobia involves a fear of being alone in a situation or place where escape may be difficult. This type of phobia may include the fear of crowded areas, open spaces, or situations that are likely to trigger a panic attack.

18.There's always something good coming up. Remember that.

19.Ophidiophobia is the fear of snakes. This phobia is quite common and often attributed to evolutionary causes, personal experiences, or cultural influences.

20.Children with a specific phobia may express their anxiety by crying, clinging to a parent, or throwing a tantrum.

😱