DEPRESSION AND ATTRACTION FACTS

DEPRESSION

11.Because the brains of older people are more vulnerable to chemical abnormalities, they are more likely than young people to suffer depression.

12.Depression is experienced as anxiety 65% of the time. Make sure you get an accurate diagnosis, so you can get the most effective treatment available. There is a saying in psychotherapy, "No pills without skills." If you are taking medication you should also be getting therapy.

13.Depression is a mental disorder that affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. And it can strike anyone.

14.Many creative individuals have experienced depression, including Robert Schumann, Ludwig van Beethoven, Peter Tchaikovsky, John Lennon, Edgar Allan Poe, Mark Twain, Georgia O'Keefe, Vincent van Gogh, Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Sylvia Plath.

15.Depression distorts your thinking. When you are depressed, your mind can play tricks on you. If you have thoughts of suicide, please call someone immediately. Don't let a temporary glitch in your thinking cause you to harm yourself or another.

16.Although women attempt suicide about three times more often than men, men complete suicide about three times more often than women.

17.Eating seafood rich in Omega-3 may help pregnant women with depression.

18.The time we spend dreaming helps us overcome painful experiences.

19.The very last person in your mind before you go to sleep is either the reason for your happiness or your pain.

20.Some studies suggest a correlation between a sport team's performance and fans' suicide rates.

ATTRACTION

11.Hearing emotional lines like "I love you" have a stronger impact when whispered in the left ear versus the right.

12.Whoever Makes The First Move Is Less Picky

13.Attempting to convince yourself that you don't care about someone is a clear indicator of what you really do.

14.Television news directors prefer to air the injury or killing incident of an attractive victim than a plain one.

15.Birth control pills can take control of attraction.

16.Researchers have wondered why, if nature prefers well proportioned bodies and symmetrical faces, everyone is not beautiful? In other words, wouldn't "ugly" people have been bred out of the population? The answer is that humans invented clothes and cosmetics to improve appearance.

17.There is (kind of) a universal body type for each sex.

18.The less you say, the words matter more.

19.Physically attractive people tend to have better-paying jobs in higher-level positions than their less attractive counterparts. This preference is usually referred to as "beauty bias."

20.Infants from 2 to 6 months of age don't prefer to look at unattractive adults. Rather they prefer attractive adults.