0.2 | a not so bad plan

★彡

★彡

"yeah right, the girl who you put fart bombs in her  blazer pockets totally loves you." hyunjin said doubtfully, shoving jisung out of his personal bubble

"i remember that day." he grinned from just thinking about that sweet memory "i know a guy who can get you some if you want." he offered. hyunjin could tell he wasn't finished with his sentence "you're right, i am the guy. nothing beats homemade fart bombs."

"how about a homemade bath bomb, you should try them more often."

"haha, you're so funny."

"and so was the fart attack on haru." he replied sarcastically with a shrug shrugged "as much as you hate her, she didn't deserve it."

jisung straightened his back in protest, feeling betrayed that his own best friend was siding with his mortal enemy "hey she totally deserved that. everyone thinks perfect but she's little miss brat to me. no one ever remembers the time when she gave me stupid names just to annoy me."

"it wasn't that stupid."

"i was hamji for a straight year! that takes a toll on a man's dignity."

"if you even have any." hyunjin mumbled, "plus you called her miss brat."

"yeah because she is. everyday everyone walks past her saying 'hi haru you're so pretty today!' or 'you're so clever i wish like you!" he mimicked bitterly "words like that get to her head and the next thing you know, she thinks she's better than everyone else and demands the best. just like a brat."

"or maybe people just like her because she's a nice person and you have a grudge against her over a nickname" he whispered to himself

jisung frowned at his best friend who currently feigned innocence. "you forget i got super powers, i can hear you."

"good, that was the point."

he sighed. at this point, he was used to being insulted by him.

the pretty boy began speaking his point carefully "i'm just saying, whenever this rivalry between the two of you even started just give it a break." he reasoned "do you not remember how us two started out? now that was a hot mess."

he was right. they really were some trouble back then with all the public shading in classes. something along the lines of 'focus on your maths grade or focus on your handwriting'

"that's different, we were younger and immature back then."

"jisung, last month you thought a watermelon was growing in your stomach because you swallowed the seeds, don't even talk to me about maturity. plus haru isn't even all that bad." he was spitting straight facts "and it wasn't even a watermelon, you just had belly fat."

jisung remembered several flashbacks including the time when haru crushed his ass in an arm wrestle (before he got bitten by the friendly radioactive spider) in front of the class, she lapped him when they were doing punishment laps after fighting over the volleyball despite the two being on the same team or even when the robot, she designed her project, attacked jisung with hair spray and mustard. strange combo but did the trick to keep him away.

all this history, he was definitely not going to let go of it.

"she's probably not bad to you, why? she probably thinks you're so adorable with your perfect smile and perfect eyes." jisung rolled his eyes in annoyance just thinking about haru fawn over him.

"damn someone is in love with me."

"if we weren't in class i'd web your mouth shut."

hyunjin held his hands up in surrender, letting him win the argument before he turns into a cute squirrel ball of rage. usually, jisung was a level headed guy who was friendly with everyone despite his non existent popularity but when it came to haru, he tends to forget the word human decency

"think whatever you want sung, i'm just saying maybe it's best for you to get over this rivalry. who knows, maybe she does too."

he leaned back in his chair, arms folded across his chest "even if she did, i'm way too busy to make up with miss brat. you know because i go round the city to save people and stuff."

"yeah busy saving everything but your own reputation."

before the two could bicker yet again, the class had begun when the teacher had entered the classroom laying on educational instructions.

life as a teenager is hard with school, grades, going around seoul helping people in a fully covering masked suit, reputations, clubs, toxic masculinity. you get the gist.

luckily for han jisung, his life was even harder. before he was even bit, he and his best friend were iced out in their category in a school full of teenage genius. the two were introvert nerds who had not even an ounce of popularity. definitely fitting to have a double life as a hero.

at first, it was cool having super strength but then his life began tumbling down when media framed him as a menace and his uncle passed away. one after the other, he had been given another chance at life again by working under the sophisticated millionaire park jinyoung jr.

after all the struggle he went through alone, he was thankful for his best friend hyunjin to be the only one to know about his secret identity. well, he was only grateful after he finished bombarding him with questions.

"yo what's park jinyoung jr really like? is he really as hot as he is in pictures?"

"are you in shield now? did they give you a gun?"

"do you have eight eyes like spiders do? check behind your ear. no? show me your armpit."

"wait, is this the reason why you're always late to watch chick flicks with me?"

"not going to lie, i thought the park internship would drop you in less than a week but who knew you were their biggest project."

at this point, jisung regretted telling him in the first place. but after his 101 questions and a threat to dangle him from a sky scraper, he had finally stopped prying.

"look even if i did want to reconcile with haru which i really don't, i have no chance of talking to her alone." with a girl as pretty and talented as her, she was bound to have admirers across the school begging to date her or be exactly like her. plus she was always glued to her best friends.

"or you could talk to her on the field trip tomorrow. come on it's a perfect chance. most of her fans will be here instead on the trip."

"but what about the other two."

"just leave that to me, there's no point in having a face as hot as this if you don't use it to distract some people for your best friend." he shrugged not so modestly

for once, the plan didn't sound terrible which was surprising especially when it's coming from hyunjin. it almost sounded doable.

"hey don't look so surprised about my amazing plan. you forget i'm a genius too. i made it into this school."

jisung scoffed "and how you got into this school, that will be biggest the mystery of all time."