Stories

Original artwork by someone

Original artwork by someone. I can't make out their signature.
I realized after writing this that I got it mixed up. 99 died before the Battle Of Umbra, but 99 is telling a story about it. Let's pretend that he is still alive.......

...

99 grabbed the brooms out of the big closet he was given to keep his supplies. He was light skinned with brown eyes like all his brothers being cloned on Kamino. However, during his cloning process, he had a malfunction and became defected. Not wanted. 99 found a way to stay helpful by becoming Kamino's janitor.

He looked after his brothers during their cadet training and tried his best to help them through it. All the clones eventually saw him as the perfect solider. 99 never wanted anything in return. Seeing his fellow brothers happy to graduate made him even happier, knowing he did his job.

99 finished his last sweeps along the training course. The last cadets to train were the Domino Squad. They passed with a winning victory and graduated, then sent off onto the war. 99 kept Heavy's medal close to him.

Clank. Something fell. 99 turned to see what it was and saw some young cadets up past hours. "What are you young ones doing up so early. You have target practice tomorrow." 99 put the broom down and sat down on a bench next to the group of younglings.

"Sorry 99. We just couldn't sleep." One of them said. "Nightmares." Added another. 99 knew this all too well. Eventually all of the clones came asking him about it. "Ah yes. The war. The repeating mission. Over and over again." They nodded. "You'll get used to it. Eventually, everyone does." The younglings didn't seem satisfied. 99 thought again.

"How about a story?" He asked. The young cadets smiled with interest. "I have many stories from the returning clones every now and then. What interests you most about the outside world? I will try to satisfy you as much as I can't."

"I was told of worlds of pure green! Is that true!?" One of them asked. "Yes. Naboo is a famous one. They have plants called trees that can be as tall as Octuptarra tri-droids! The best thing is there organic and grow from the ground!"

"What about the Jedi. We're taught about them but they still interest me!" "Come on Brigade! You and your Jedi!" "They're interesting! They can control things with their MINDS!!!" Brigade made a spooky wave with his hands. Everyone laughed. The mind of a child. So amazing it is.

"Well you got a few things wrong. Jedi can't control things with their mind. They just happen to be connected more closely to the force than we clones do." 99 explained. "What's the force?" One of the cadets asks.

"The force is around us. Every living thing. From the smallest ant to the biggest sun." He explained. "It's like invisible strings that tie with everything in the universe. The Jedi have stronger strings that allow them to manipulate the force around them. The Jedi are more humble about it. The Sith, however, are another form of force users. Unlike General Shakk Ti, you know her, they use it in a evil manner."

"Wow." The cadets talked amongst each other. "If I ever see a Sith, I'll kill-'em for my general!" One of them exclaimed. The others agreed.

"That's not always the case kids." 99 said. The cadets looked confused. They sat in a manner that made them seem more interested so they could hear another story. "What do you mean? Why would a Jedi not want us to kill a Sith?" One of them asked.

"Well, that's not entirely what I meant. What I do mean is that you don't do this for the Jedi, but for the Republic. Yes, our generals make the decisions, but they're not always right."

The cadets stayed silent waiting to hear more. "One trooper, named Dogma, was very loyal. He was part of the 501st clone battalion." "Wait, you mean THE 501st. The one lead by General Skywalker?" One of them asked. "I heard he is reckless." Said another. "I heard he pranked their Captain along with the General. So unprofessional." 99 laughed. "Yes. The 501st. Very popular. Every clone tries to get in."

The cadets talked amongst themselves on getting into the 501st. Only the best of the best for in. "Back to Dogma." 99 said grabbing their attention. "He was known for his perfect loyalty to the Jedi. Dogma never disobeyed a order, and he thought that that would make him the perfect soldier, and do the right thing.

One mission that he participated in was The Battle of Umbera. General Skywalker has to give his men to the daring Jedi General Pong Krell. Known for his quick but high casualty rates, the 501st were confused with his methods. Their Captain, Rex, started questioning his tactics. Strait through the middle. Krell didn't care about his men, and let them take the lead as he stayed behind."

The cadets were confused. They thought Jedi valued all life. Surly the General did this for good reason? "After getting most of his men killed, three troopers, Hardcase, Fives and Jessie stole three energy ships and decided to help with the air strike, allowing General Kanobi's forces to advance onto the surface. They blew up the blockade, but sadly, Hardcase sacrificed himself so they could do so." 99 said and stoped talking.

"Don't worry. We're clones. We're made to be expendable." One of the kids said. "No. Never. Not to me, and to the true Jedi." 99 said taking his hand.

"On the way back with a clone gone, the two remaining clones found themselves being executed for disobeying a direct order." "What!" One of the cadets interrupted. "They saved the battle. That's not right!" "And that's what most of the clones thought. Including Rex. They found themselves not executing the hero's of the mission. Dogma, however, was upset. They had to follow orders, but he couldn't find anyone to help his go through with it. Loyalty made him a traitor to his brothers." "So don't be loyal, but follow your own ideals?" One of the cadets asked. "No. You remain loyal. That's important. But be sure that you make sure what your doing is right." The younglings thought about this. "What happed to Dogma?" One of them asked.

"Dogma was arrested so he wouldn't cause more harm. Rex and his brothers went to confront Krell after a mission with the Umbrians. He told them that the enemy would look like us, but he lied. Rex and his men were shooting their own brothers. It was a trap."

The cadets gasped, but tried to stay quiet, minding the other sleeping clones.

"So, when confronting Pong Krell, they found he hand turned to the Dark Side. He sacrificed the men's life's on purpose. So they chased him around the new captured land, until they finally stunned him and arrested him. Later they confronted him asking him why. Why he betrayed his men and the republic. He told them that he did this because he came to think that the Jedi would loose this war. So, he joined the "winning" side. Dogma thought betrayed, and Krell challenged Rex to kill him. But Rex couldn't do it, so out of anger, Dogma did. He was arrested for his crimes of killing a General, and that was the end of the battle." 99 finished.

The cadets were in awe and couldn't wait to hear more. "Now I REALLY want to join the 501st." One of them said. 99 laughed. "Off to your barracks. I've kept you up long enough." He said. The cadets complained but followed orders. After all... good soldiers follow orders.

A/N: LETS GIVE IT UP FOR 99! Come on. He deserved it. True soldier. Sorry. I'm trying to go with more clone wars theme than a sold one. So I'll do everyone eventually. Tell me who you'll love to see. I am a rexsoka shipper so you might see it often. But I can do other ships with her as well if that satisfies you. Thank you for reading!!!!