𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺

I turned away from Eric and walked towards my class. I lost one of my best friends in the matter of minutes.

"I'm home!" I closed the front door behind me and threw my school bag on the ground. I had a rough day at school. It was so hard staying awake at school cause of last night. I could barely keep an eye open. Then I also even had to sit alone during lunch. I didn't really have any friends besides Eric and Otis. I tried calling Adam during lunch so I would feel less alone, but he was at work.

"Where the hell have you been?!" My dad bursts the hallway in with his hands in his hair. "I've been worried sick Cassidey! Why didn't you text or call me?! If I hadn't called school to ask if you showed up today I would've called the police!" I looked at my dad and it seemed like he hadn't slept all night. He had bags under his eyes, his usually groomed face now had a 5 o'clock shadow and he was still in the same clothes as yesterday.

"Dad it's fine. I'm home now right?" My dad scoffed and shook his head. "Anwser me, Cassidey! Where have you been?!" I raised my shoulders and let out a small sigh. "What does it matter! I'm home now. I'm exhausted and just want to go to bed." I tried to move past my dad up the staircase but he blocked my way.

"Are you even hearing yourself? You say you go on a little 'run' and then go missing for almost 24 hours! Cassidey, put yourself in my shoe's for one minute. How do you think I felt all night thinking my daughter might be hurt, or missing or even worse!" His eyes started turning red. I havn't seen my dad like this since mom and him split. I felt my stumace turn with regret and shame, my dad didn't deserve this. But frankly, I was to tired to deal with this right now. I just wanted to sleep.

"You're grounded untill furter notice." I looked up at my dad who was staring at the ground. Grounded?! I just got Adam back and now i'm grounded? "You can't do this! You've never grounded me!" He softly shoved me aside and moved passed me like I wasn't even there. "Dad!" He kept ignoring me. I scoffed and made my way up the stairs. The feeling in my stumace went from regret, to anger. "This kind of behaviour is why mom left you!" I ran into my room and slammed the door behind me.

I sank to my bedroom floor and let my head fall into my knees. I can't belive I just said that, my dad does not deserve this what so ever. I'm turning into the worst version of myself all because my head is filled with Adam, he's all i can think about. And anything that stand between me and him makes my blood boil to the point I feel like ripping someone's troath out. It's gotten to the point that not only did I lose my best friend, I'm losing my dad aswell. And there is nothing I can do about it. I'm addicted to him.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and checked the time. 16:27. Adam won't be coming out of work for another two hours. I needed to talk to him, I couldn't stand the tought of being alone right now. I wanted to see him so badly. I decided to put on some music to drown out the sound of my own toughts.

16:29 Cassidey: Heyy U were done working round 6 right??
17:03 Cassidey: Just text me when ur done ok
Cassidey: Somethin happend and i rlly need u right now
18:30 Cassidey: i dont wanne seem needy but are u done yet adam??
18:57 Cassidey: Adam
Cassidey: Can u come over
19:18 Cassidey: Just reply pls

————————————

It's been three hours. Why hasn't he replied, or called or anything. I felt like I was going mad. I wanted to throw myself off of my own rooftop, when suddenly, I heard a notification on my phone.

19:38 Adam❤️: srry phone died n had to work a dubble shift
19:38 Cassidey: Dw its okay but can u come over pls i rlly need u rn
19:40 Adam❤️: i need to get home rn
Adam❤️: and after that i promised a friend i would hang w him
Cassidey: Can u please drop them i need to talk to u
19:43 Adam❤️: srry i already promised them
19:44 Adam❤️: we can hang tmrw
Cassidey: can i just call you rn
19:47: Adam❤️: cant rn phones about to die again gtg ily

I felt like smashing my phone against a wall. Why is he treating me this way, the one time i need him most. I felt tears starting to stream down my face as I colaps on to my bed hugging the bed sheets tightly.

I had no one, not even Adam.