CHAPTER 8

As I assumed, Countless people flocked for the grand welcome.

Of the three significant clans that conquered this continent, Ardellos was the largest. It was because it had the largest population and family.

Unlike the Delde Clan, which is located near the underground valley, who obsessed with erosion, and the Lerotia Clan, which is hardly found in the sky. (E.N: Lerotia has very few members. But it might also mean that they are positioned somewhere high and the Delde near the underground – the valley from the first chapter)

The Lord of Ardellos himself held this welcome ceremony.

It was natural to gather to celebrate the safe return of the people from the subjugation.

Moreover, this welcoming ceremony was not merely a celebration. There was an important meeting planned at this time.

Not only this subjugation took a long time, but so the planned meeting.

'The only thing clear is that a ceremony was being prepared to discuss the campaign.'

***

The castle was bustling.

Fortunately for me, Devarus was also busy preparing for the party. It was a rare opportunity that I could enjoy my time to the fullest.

Suddenly, a maid named Jian came to me and plainly said,

"the Lord wishes you to participate in the welcome ceremony."

"Pardon? Me too?"

At the news from Jian, I smirked internally.

I heard rumors that this welcoming ceremony is not an enjoyable affair.

Moreover, only a handful of invited people gathered at the central hall where the welcoming service was held.

Many of them were nobles from prestigious families.

Of course, I, too, was a noble, if I wanted to regard the lineage. The problem was that it was a nobility that wouldn't be welcomed anywhere.

It's such an uncomfortable place. I very much didn't want to go.

During that time, I was discharged by Devarus and tried to rest, but what a thunderbolt this is.

I looked at Jian with a displeased expression.

*sigh*

She also seemed unpredictable and troublesome.

"In fact, the Lord sent a gift to you...."

"A gift?"

Instead of answering my question, she hurriedly opened the large beige box that she had set aside.

After doing something like that, I thought,

'That.... was a little rude. Was the gift really for me? or for her?'

So the indifferent Lord gave me a gift.

It was good news if the family head changes his opinion on me.

Then I inadvertently looked into the box and became flustered.

Originally it was good news for the family to turn over,

"Hik!" She squealed,

"What is this?"

As she looked at me, she smiled proudly for some reason, then lined up dresses, shoes, and accessories.

Even if you didn't ask for a price, it was full of valuables that you can guess were all expensive.

Following it were by ruffles, laces, jewels, and semi-precious stones, a crimson dress, a velvet-wrapped shoe, and a brilliant emerald necklace.