CHAPTER SIXTEEN

TRIGGER WARNING:
MENTIONS OF ABORTION

"It's alright, let it all out..." Shoto cooed as he rubbed Izuku's back while the omega gagged over the porcelain toilet bowl-- dry heaving as throwing up was the first thing that he did as soon as he woke up.

Izuku groaned, tears stinging his eyes as his throat burned and his stomach hurt. Feeling bile rise up once more as he threw up nothing over the toilet bowl while he felt Shoto press a cold cloth over his nape to help him relax.

It has been a few days after the couple found out about Izuku's pregnancy and the signs were showing as each day passed-- Izuku was starting to have morning sickness and frequent headaches which were symptoms normal on the first trimester of a pregnancy. There were also rare moments where Izuku would be picky with food but according to the doctor, cravings were still too early to start at the fourth week-- meaning that the worse was still yet to come for Izuku and Shoto.

With the omega still uncomfortable about the fact that he was now with a child, the news about him being pregnant was strictly disclosed only to family members and to Keigo. Katsuki and the others from their batch still had no idea about it, nor did they have any clue.

Rei and Fuyumi were overjoyed upon hearing the news and were excited-- imagining what Izuku and Keigo's children would look like-- while Enji insisted that Shoto start working from home to take care of Izuku and their child. Inko was beyond happy when she found out, but then took one look at Izuku and knew that her son was battling a silent war within himself and gave Shoto some small talk.

"You have to be patient with him... He loves you more than anything else but... he's still afraid of building a new family with you. So... this unexpected pregnancy is a punch in the gut for him... I know I'll be asking much but I'll need you to be by his side,"

Those words rung over Shoto's head everytime he sees Izuku spending his time alone. He knew and he understood that Izuku wasn't ready, but Shoto was willing to take things slow for the omega to catch up despite the bubbling excitement and joy the alpha was feeling deep inside.

"Ugh..." Izuku groaned, pressing his head on the cold toilet seat to relieve his headache.

"Are you starting to feel better now?" Shoto asked as he combed Izuku that seemed to help the omega relax.

Izuku gave a nod. "I'm still a bit nauseous, but I think it's starting to die down now," he answered.

"Okay..." Shoto said, "Here, let me help you up and then I'll fix you up some tea and then we can have breakfast,"

Izuku made a face before he let Shoto lead him to the kitchen. "Can't I just drink tea? I really don't feel like eating breakfast," he whined.

"But you can't skip meals, that'll be bad for the baby," Shoto said as he got out the pan to make pancakes with. "Now, be good and drink your tea while waiting for the pancakes... okay?"

Izuku frowned but still drank his tea silently while Shoto started cooking pancakes. "Oh, by the way... next week, we'll be visiting the gynecologist for your weekly check up," Shoto said, "I'll make sure to clear up my schedule so I can come with you. By next month, I'll start working from home since the old man insisted it so I can take care of you and the baby, and--"

"Shoto," Izuku cut the alpha off wherein the dominant male turned to him, throwing his mate a questionable look.

"Yeah?" Shoto asked. "What's wrong? Do you need to throw up?"

"N-no, I... I need to talk to you about something," Izuku said as he stared down at his half-full cup of tea and played with his fingers. "Um... I... I need you to sit down with me first,"