CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

"Aadooo!" Hikari squealed as she lifted her body up and struggled to crawl over the mattress with Izuku watching her with a smile.

"Would you look at that? She's already trying to crawl," Keigo said with a smile as Kato nibbled on his toy and watched Hikari crawl all over her parents' bed.

"She just started doing that this morning," Izuku said with a smile. "Maybe she want to impress her dad once he arrives,"

"Well she still have two more days so that's enough time to practice," Touya said, snatching the toy from Kato and waving it over at a height that his son can't reach, making the toddler whine.

"Why are you so immature?" Keigo said, snatching the toy and giving it back to his son before he placed Kato down on the bed with Hikari.

"Hi-cha!" Kato called over his younger cousin and struggled to walk over the uneven mattress, Izuku having to help him walk so he won't end up falling over Hikari.

Hikari babbled happily as she rolled over her stomach and reached for the toy Kato was holding.

Izuku watch his now eight-month-old daughter with a smile as she played with her one-year-old cousin. Kato has just turned one last week and the day after that, Enji had taken Shoto on a business trip overseas that was to last for a week.

The younger alpha had voiced his disapproval regarding this matter, not wanting to be apart from both his mate and his child especially at a crucial moment wherein Hikari was starting to learn from her surrounding and was close to uttering her first words. However, Izuku talked him out of it especially after Enji stressed how important it was for Shoto to be present at said trip as someone who will be taking over their family business soon enough. And so, with a heavy heart, Shoto bid a short goodbye to his omega and his baby girl that will last only for seven agonizing days.

"So, how's Kyoto?" Izuku asked as he lifted his phone up to his eye-level wherein he shared a video call when the alpha called after a long business meeting with their potential partners there.

"Exhausting and boring, as usual,"  Shoto answered, making Izuku chuckle.

"You saw the video I sent you earlier?"

"Yeah, I saw it as soon as I received it and almost got in trouble for using a phone during the meeting but the old man vouched for me," Shoto said.

"You really shouldn't do that, Sho," Izuku giggled, "Those clients seem important to Enji-san and to your business,"

Shoto made a face that Izuku found adorable. Often times, Shoto is the cool and aloof alpha he showed the public but he can also be immature, especially around Izuku and Hikari.

"It'll only just be two more days before you can go home," Izuku said with a smile, changing the subject. "Up until then, you just have to endure the forty eight hours that you're apart from me and your daughter,"

"Where is she, anyway?"

"Keigo-san kidnapped her," Izuku chuckled before switching to his back camera and showed Shoto the scene happening at the living room.

Keigo was holding Hikari upright, standing her up, while their daughter babbled happily in her bunny onesie as she clapped her hands and watched Kato do a strange dance that had a sitting down and standing up motion. Touya was lying on the couch, watching his son with lazy eyes and a small smile.

Shoto chuckled at the scene. "Kato's got the moves,"

Izuku laughed before switching his camera back for Shoto to see him. "Well, you better get some rest there, it's also almost time for Hikari's bedtime so I'll be needing to wash her up and feed her,"