CHAPTER TWENTY

December 31st.

New year's eve where everyone has gathered around with their family and loved ones as they excitedly waited the start of the countdown to a new year which was about three hours from Japan's time.

It was a different, story, however to a certain family who was speeding down to the hospital as a scream of pain echoed inside the closed windows of the car.

"Drive faster, Touya!"

"I'm trying! Any faster than this and we might get into a car crash!"

"Boys! Now is not the time to argue!"

"It hurts!"

"I-I know, baby... but hang in there a bit, okay? We're almost there,"

It was a normal day to start-- With Izuku already on his due date, he and Shoto moved to the Todoroki household upon Rei's request since she knew that Shoto and Izuku would be needing extra hands as soon as their child was born.

Izuku was helping out as much as he could while they prepared for new year's eve, when he accidentally lost grip of the porcelain plate Fuyumi handed to him and broke it-- catching everyone's attention in the room.

Shoto was by his side in seconds as Izuku looked down on the plate in horror.

"Are you okay?" Shoto asked as he slowly moved is omega from the broken pieces.

"I-I'm sorry... the baby kicked and-- ugh..." Izuku's words were cut-off when he felt another kick inside his belly, only this time-- it was painful.

"Izuku?" Inko called worriedly as she watched her son with cautious eyes.

"I-I'm fine, I--" Izuku winced as he held on to his belly when he felt another sharp pain occur. "Aah! S-Sho..."

Shoto's eyes widened as he realized what was happening that he immediately reacted-- along with everyone in the household.

"Izuku... I need you to calm down, okay? I'm gonna have to carry you..." Shoto told his mate as calmly as he could despite his racing heart.

"I-it hurts... My stomach... It hurts..." Izuku said, tears spilling from his eyes.

"I know... I know, but you have to relax..." Shoto said, releasing his pheromones to calm his omega down before he lifted Izuku up and got in the passenger seat with him-- Touya driving and Keigo up front next to his alpha.

"I've already called dad!" Fuyumi said as Touya started the car. "We'll catch up to you at the hospital,"

Touya gave his sister a nod before he sped off-- the remaining others watching their car disappear in a distance.

"M-my mate... He's-- he's--" Shoto couldn't find the words to say to the doctors who came to their aid as soon as they pulled up in front of the emergency room.

He knew that this day would come and was preparing for it-- he just had no idea how hard his heart was hammering against his chest that it had left him tongue-tied.

"He's about to give birth and his water just broke," Keigo saved him, explaining the situation to which the medical staff understood and took immediate action as they had Izuku lie down in a stretcher and wheeled him to the operation room-- Shoto running after him.

"Sir, I'm afraid this is as far as you can go," The nurse said, standing in Shoto's way as Izuku cried for his name.

"N-no, my mate... Izuku needs me,"

"He's an omega, we cannot let you inside while he's undergoing labor," The nurse calmly stated.

"B-but..."