Chapter 5: Secret Mess

Hola Amigos! I'm back with another chapter. How are you guys liking the story so far? I hope you are enjoying it ;) Now let's continue...

Chan's POV

I had no time to work on the song today since we had to go rehearse for our award show performance. So I just finished my morning routine and sat thinking about the schedule. The notification from my phone snapped me out of my thoughts. I took it off the bedside table and went to check my texts. It was a text from Han asking for when we have to leave. I replied and put my phone aside. Suddenly, my eyes landed on the fan letters we all got yesterday. I went near my desk and grabbed the one sitting on top of the pile.

"Doesn't say who it's from

"Doesn't say who it's from. That's weird," I mused out loud before sitting down on the chair, opening it to read. It looked more like a greeting card than a letter.

I thought it was super cute

I thought it was super cute. I opened the card and read what was written.

Wow! Reading that made me feel so many things at the same time

Wow! Reading that made me feel so many things at the same time. I was laughing sometimes while I was trying not to cringe the other times. But what it made me feel the most was how loved I was. I felt so lucky to be loved by so many people I don't even personally know and it keeps me going. That's why I keep worrying how to do it even better from now. Whatever was said in the letter really was apt. I wish I can meet this stay. This letter just really uplifted my mood. I wish I can reply to this stay but it doesn't even have a return address. But I am going to cherish this letter for a long time. I carefully put it back in and hid it in my closet. I wore my jacket and went out to gather everyone to leave for our rehearsal.

Hyunjin's POV

I was idly sitting on the couch thinking about what Han said when someone sat besides me. "Aye.. What are you thinking?" Felix asked me making me turn my head towards him. "Nothing. Just about today's rehearsal," I lied not wanting to spoil his mood along with mine. "What about it?" he mused and I replied, "I have to do an aerial act and I'm kinda nervous I guess." "Nervous? You? Wow, that's a first. Has it anything to do with Han?" he broached the topic I was hell bent on avoiding. "Nope, who is he?" I said to diffuse the situation. "Ahaan! Sure, we can totally ignore that topic." He smiled and gave me a side hug.

I was grateful to have him. He knows what I need without me having to tell. I needed that hug so I hugged him back. "Thanks Lix," I smiled and nudged close to him. "Awww... You are so cute," he said pulling my ears. "Aish, stop it now," I took his hands into mine and held them tightly. "Leave me. I won't touch them I swear," believing his words I freed his hands to realize how big of a mistake it was. He pulled them again so I held him and pinned him to the couch. "Aaah... that hurts. You pabo-yah! Let me go!" he whined like a kid. "Oh really? I shouldn't have believed your words. I'm gonna tickle you to death," I said falling on him. Out of nowhere, I was yanked off of Felix by some invisible force. I fell flat on the floor. "Yah... What the hell!?" I looked around confused to see Changbin hyung glaring daggers at me. "Wae?" I looked at him scratching my head. "He would've suffocated to death idiot," he said before giving me a hand to get off the floor. "But... I was... just," I was cut off by him. "Enough playing. Don't waste your energy. We have to rehearse almost all day," he walked off to the kitchen saying this. That was weird. He never behaved like this when I was playful with the others. I just pushed those thoughts away and went to pack my stuff.

Han's POV

"I'm really sorry Hyunjin. I didn't mean to lash out at you. I was having a terrible headache that morning and it just ruined my day. I know these might sound like excuses but I really don't know how to prove myself," I said with closed eyes. I finally let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. I slowly opened my eyes and sighed in frustration. "Screw this shit. I can't even talk nicely in front of him let alone to him... Gosh, this is so frustrating," I thought out loud. I had been practicing my apology speech in front of the mirror for over half an hour now. "Deep breath Han. He won't bite you, yeah? As if I would let him, pft...." I tried to calm myself down. "Who are you talking to?" I was startled hearing the voice out of nowhere. "Fudge... You had me there hyung. Couldn't you at least knock?" I looked at Changbin hyung in shock. He squinted his eyes at me questioningly, "I did but you were too busy talking to the wind." "No I wasn't... Just self introspection, haha! Yeah that's it," I stuttered nervously. "Do you even know the meaning?" he chuckled. "Of course I do," I rolled my eyes at him before turning to pack my stuff. "We will leave in 10. Make it quick," he said and left the room. I got everything I need and went into the living room.

Minho's POV

When we all reached the rehearsal area we left our things at one place and immediately started to practice. Chan hyung was guiding us about the formations and the songs along with the others. While me, Felix and Hyunjin were focusing on the dance routine. We figured out the songs we would perform and came up with the choreography for the break points as well. We performed for 2 hours straight. So we all to decided take a quick break. All of us were tired so we were just chilling talking to the others or scrolling through the internet. But Chan hyung was on his laptop. He's probably working again on the song. Oh how I wish I can steal his laptop and make him rest for some days. I went and sat down next to him. "Hyung, what are you doing?" I took a peek at his laptop. He gave a small smile before answering me. "Working, haha, what else." I thought of not disturbing him so I just put my head on his shoulder. "Are you okay Minho-ya?" he asked me and I nodded before saying, "Yeah, just tired." I heard him hum and closed my eyes. Next thing I knew, I was floating through my dreamland.

When I opened my eyes, Channie hyung was staring at me. I got kinda embarrassed so I blinked twice before getting off his shoulder. "Oh sorry hyung. I dozed off," I said rubbing my eyes. I heard him chuckle, "It's okay. It's only been 10 mins anyways." I looked around and realized we were still at the rehearsal stage, "aaah... right. Rehearsal," I whined and he looked at me smiling. "Cute Minho but we do have to rehearse. Mianhe," he said before dragging me along with him on to the middle of the stage. And we started our practice again.

While dancing my eyes landed on Jeongin who was smirking at me. I didn't understand why he was smirking so I just shrugged it off focusing on my steps. Later when Seungmin accidentally bumped into me he gave me a knowing smile. Except I didn't know why he was smiling like that. "What's going on around me?" I mumbled not so loud. "What?" I heard Felix ask me from besides. "Nothing. I don't know what's happening," I was confused myself so I couldn't tell him anything. They better not be doing funny business today. I'm not in the mood for it. After practicing for a little while we thought it'd be enough for the day. I was looking at Chan hyung while thinking what made him happy today. Like I could see him show off his dimples often today and they were genuine smiles. I was too engrossed in my thoughts to notice the next thing that happened. "Han... What the... Don't.... Idiot..." I was screaming. I was rooted to my spot. I couldn't do anything and it felt like words died down my throat.

Oh God! The chapter is done? What the hell Author? Don't leave us like this... Please do leave comments like this and you can even get angry at me. I totally understand but I'm sorry for keeping you guys on the edge. I had to 🤭 Just a week and you will know what happened. Okay now Bye my loyal readers. See you soon!