Chapter 8: Awkward Silence

Salut Stays! Did you all watch the In Life Trailer? I'm so freaking dead! Chan's TOP hair color is back & Hyunjin dyed his long hair, I just can't 🤧 Now I have to wait for 2 more weeks for SKZ comeback... Aah it's frustrating 🥺

Chan's POV

I woke up the following morning to see myself sleeping on Minho's shoulder. Oh no! Did I sleep the whole night on his shoulder? He might have been so uncomfortable. I shushed my thoughts before getting off his shoulder. When I looked at him, he was sleeping so peacefully that I didn't feel like waking him up. I feel so lucky to have him by my side whenever I need. It's like he's my unwavering support. I don't know how far I could've walked down this path without his constant support. He was always there - encouraging me, supporting me, comforting me and holding me even without me having to tell him. It feels so natural as if we were meant to be on this path and travel together for life. I wish he always stays the same. I was so lost in my train of thought that I didn't realize him waking up.

"Hyung, how long are you planning on staring at me? A picture would last longer," he said chuckling. I felt embarrassed so I quickly looked the other way, "I wasn't staring. Just lost in thoughts." He rubbed his eyes and sat up straight. He was massaging his neck. "Gwenchana? Is your neck hurting?" I asked him worried. "Ani. It's fine. Just a bit cranky," he replied but I got up the couch and stood behind him. "Wait. Let me give you a massage," I said softly applying pressure to his neck. However, he held my hand and pulled me in front saying "Hyung, I'm really fine. It will get better in a while." I just smiled at him and messed his hair up knowing very well that he doesn't like it one bit. "Hyung, hajima! I hate when someone plays with my hair," he said pouting. "Al-ayo! That's why I do it," I chuckled. "Whatever hyung," he said getting up. "I'll just go freshen up and ... uhm... talk to Jeongin I guess," he said nervously. I took hold of his hand, "Gwenchana Minho-yah! Take your time and don't worry too much. In case you need anything, I'll be in my room." "Gomawo hyung," he smiled before going back to his room.

Han's POV

I've been practicing some moves for an hour. I just wanna better my movements. Our dance teacher always says that my movements are a bit stiff. I gotta loosen up. I got so lost in my thoughts and dance that I didn't realize someone entering the room. "What are you doing?" I turned my head at the sudden voice. "Oh my God! You frightened me," I said holding a hand over my heart. "Mianhae! I was just here to practice and saw you having trouble with the steps," Hyunjin said walking over to the mirror. "Ani, I'm fine. Just trying to get better at dancing," I said with my head bowed down. I was embarrassed to admit that in front of him since he's a great dancer and he might look down on me or tease me. "Gwenchana! Even I wasn't that good in the beginning. Practice will make you perfect," he said with a smile on his face. I just shrugged and got back to practicing again. After a while, I think even he got bored of seeing me struggle so much. "I can help... Only if you want me to?" he said looking at me uncertainly. Him wanting to teach me on his own kinda surprised me. "You would?" I mused out loud. "Of course. Gladly," he smiled and I reflected a smile back at him. This is the most civil conversation we've ever had.

Jeongin's POV

That evening when I came back from school, I saw something on the table. I went closer and checked it to see fried chicken. I was so hungry and it smelled so good. I started to dig in right away. It was so delicious. "Is it yummy?" someone asked me from behind. "So delicious. Did you order it?" I said turning back to see Minho hyung say, "Yeah, for you." I immediately stopped eating and stood up. He came to me and held my shoulders making me sit back down. "Hyung, are you still mad at me?" I asked him worried. "Ani, I am not. In fact, I overreacted yesterday. Mianhae! Will you forgive me?" he said making me feel guilty. "No hyung! You were just worried for us and I totally understand. You don't have to apologize," I couldn't look him in the eyes. Even though I know he didn't mean anything he said, it did hurt me a lot. "No, I shouldn't have said what all I did. I swear I didn't mean any of it and I was just too angry to realize what I was saying. If possible, please forgive me. I do understand if you can't forgive me," he bowed his head down in guilt. I didn't want to see him blaming himself anymore. "I really forgive you hyung," I said smiling. He also smiled and hugged me. "Gomawo Jeongin-ah!" He said ruffling my hair. "Now let me eat it before it gets cold," I started eating again. He laughed and just like that everything was back to normal.

Chan's POV

I don't even remember the last time I slept so peacefully. Today I had a worry-less sleep even though the couch is not that comfortable. I guess it's just the company I had. I smiled at my thoughts. When I sat down at my desk to get back to work, I saw a letter on the desk. When I checked, it was a fan letter. I was confused as to who brought it since none of us had attended any events as of late. I saw the letter and was disappointed that it wasn't from my secret fan. This one had a name of someone from Australia and even the writing was totally different. I took the letter and went out to ask the others about it. I saw Changbin sitting in the living room, deep in thought. "Binnie? What's this?" I asked making him snap out of his trance. "Letter? I saw that it was addressed to you so I put it on your desk," he said nonchalantly. "I can see that but how did you get this letter?" I asked him out of curiosity. "It was in our room. I guess it got mixed up with mine or Minho hyung's letters last time," he said. "Oh, okay! Thank you Binnie!" I went into my room even before he could reply.

Changbin's POV

That's weird. He didn't even let me reply. I sat there thinking about Lix. For some reason, I can't help but think about what might've happened if Minho hyung was a bit late. This thought had been driving me crazy since last night. I saw Seungmin come out of his room along with Felix, "Good that you are also here hyung." Felix sat on the other end of the couch I was sitting on and Seungmin in between us. "Minnie, lets go to my room and play. I think Binnie hyung is kinda busy," Felix said without looking at me. "Ani, I'm not busy. What were you guys doing?" I asked Seungmin. "We were bored so thought of playing something," he said looking at me. "Alright then, how about hide and seek?" I suggested. "Oh yes! That will be amazing but we need more people. How about calling the others?" Felix said and Seungmin ran to get them. I saw Felix averting his eyes when I looked at him. I didn't know what to talk to him. I am such a Pabo. Did I make everything between us awkward? I cursed at myself for my stupid actions. I saw the other members coming out of their rooms along with Seungmin. "Where's Chan hyung?" I asked him. "I think he's working. He hasn't answered the door," Seungmin replied. "I'll go bring him," Minho hyung replied before dashing off towards Chan hyung's room. After everyone has joined we played rock-paper-scissors to decide who seeks first. As Jeongin lost, he's going to be the seeker. Once he started counting, we all ran away hurriedly to find the best hiding spot. I thought Jeongin would be scared to enter manager hyung's room so I went in there. "What are you doing here, hyung?" asked a voice. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that.

That's it for today folks! Now I'm gonna busy myself till Skz comes back with their repackaged album. Also can't wait for my September babies birthdays 🎉. They are all growing up too fast 🥺. Anyways, see you all later guys!!