Chapter 10: Changed Dynamics

OMG! Can't believe there is only 1 more day for SKZ repackage album. Aaah... Am I dreaming? I can't wait anymore. Why did this one week feel like a month 😢... Guys, let's support our babies no matter what. They deserve the best. ❤️ Let's get on with the story now.

Chan's POV

"Hyung I don't wanna go to school today," Jeongin said falling on my bed. "Wae? Have something to do?" I asked confused since I know he had no schedule today. "Ani. Just feeling lazy and tired," he yawned. "That's why I asked you guys not to play so much and sleep early yesterday. You guys don't even listen to me," I said being a typical mother. "Hyung, stop babying us. You are a big baby yourself. You don't even take care of yourself properly. Minho hyung is probably tired taking care of us and you," he said without realizing. "Oh... Maybe I should step up my game, huh?" I thought out loud. "Ani Hyung. I didn't mean to offend you or anything. I was just being a blabber mouth. Mianhae," he got up from the bed. "Gwenchana, Jeongin. I understand you all might be having a hard time too. But here I am, self obsessed and having a self pity party," I said bowing my head down. He immediately came to my side and gave me a hug. "Please don't think like that Hyung. We are all here for you. It might be hard for everyone of us but we will still cheer each other up. We are a family Hyung," he said making me tear up. "When did you grow up so much, Jeongin-ah?" I held his cheeks and he winced. "Aish Hyung. Not my cheeks. It hurts," he whined making me smile at his antics. We talked for a while before he had to get ready for school.

After he left, I was pulled into my thoughts. I feel like I'm being a such a selfish jerk and not caring about the other members. I don't even remember the last time I had a proper one-on-one chat with them. So, I've decided to take them out somewhere. I've talked to our Manager Hyung and we decided that we will go for a small picnic somewhere. Like a mini-vacation. That evening Jeongin came home with a bunch of letters in his hand. Just then, Minho also entered the dorm. "Did you pick up Jeongin from school? Like his dad?" Han said laughing. "Yuck, no! We just met in front of the dorm," Jeongin said giving Han an irritated look. "What's this Jeongin-ah?" Hyunjin asked him taking the letters from his hand. "These are fan letters for us from our STAYS in my school," Jeongin announced proudly. "Jinjayo? Wow!" Felix exclaimed and I heard Changbin coo at his cuteness. Everyone took their letters and settled down to read them. I went to take my pile, and there were 7-8 letters. I took them and started checking the senders. Under all those letters, was the one I was looking for. With the same cover and the same handwriting.

There it is again

There it is again. The greeting card like letter. At that moment, I realized how much I actually waited for this person to write to me again. I slowly opened the letter and started reading.

Aah

Aah... Jinjayo! Why is this person so good with making me feel 100 times better by just a few words. This person has some magic. I thought smiling to myself. That poem this person wrote was so heartwarming. Specially the last line... You Can Stay. I carefully kept that letter along with the one before and started to read the other ones. After that I went to Seungminie and gave him a hug or stole a hug. Even though that fan wouldn't know, I didn't feel like turning down a lovely hug.

Hyunjin's POV

So from the moment I decided to help Han, something inside me changed. I felt excited to help him but also nervous thinking of the awkwardness. The first ever humane conversation we had led me to help him with his steps. I have no clue how this is going to end up. We decided to meet in the practice room at 4 PM but now it is 4:30 and Han is still not here. This is the one thing I don't like - waiting. I never wait for anyone, like literally no one. "I will see for another 5 minutes. You better be here Han Jisung." I said out loud trying to calm myself down. "I'm here," Han said huffing. "What took you so long?" I asked annoyed. "Was writing lyrics and didn't check the time. Mianhae," he said shocking me. "Han Jisung! Did you just apologize to me?" I said in mock shock. "Yah! Hwang Hyunjin. Don't push it," he turned around to drop his backpack but I could see him smile a little in the mirror. "Fine. Let's start practicing," I took my position.

After practicing for a while, I was pretty satisfied with the way he was listening to me and following my advice. We didn't argue even once and that's a record. "That's enough for today," I said going to take some rest. He agreed and we both sat down trying to get some air in. "Wanna go for a walk?" he asked me. "Walk? With you?" I asked confused. "Yeah. I am not planning on kidnapping and shipping you off to somewhere far," he said gritting his teeth. "At least not yet," he added making me mad. "Aah Jinjayo!" I hit him on his shoulder. "Fine let's go," I said dragging him with me.

Jeongin's POV

I was coming out of my class when I bumped into someone. "Mianhae," I said looking at the person who was fully disguised in all black clothes. "Gwenchana Jeongin," he said and removed his mask after making sure no one was in close proximity. "Chan hyung. What are you doing here?" I asked him confused. "Haha nothing. Just wanted to visit you and see how you were doing," he said suspiciously. But I didn't say anything since I wasn't really sure about his visit. We kept talking and walking around in my school. "By the way Jeongin-ah! Who were the girls who gave you the letters yesterday?" he asked for which I just shrugged my shoulders. "Many. And I don't even remember half of them," I said feeling a bit guilty. "Aah I understand. It's hard when there are a lot," he said. But for some reason, his face fell. Like he was looking for something but didn't find it. "Are you looking for someone hyung?" I asked and he nodded his head in disapproval. "De. But I don't think that person is here," he said looking sad. "How does that person look?" I asked being curious. "I don't know," he said. "What? You don't know? How can you search for a person when you don't even know how he/she looks like?" I questioned him. "It's just a gut feeling Jeongin. I feel like I'll know that person if I see them," his words confused me. "I have no clue what you are talking about. Anyways, do you have a picture of that person?" I asked and he hit my head. "Would I not know how that person looks if I had a picture?" I rubbed my head, "Araseo hyung. No need to be violent."

After searching for a little while for god knows who, we went back to our car and Hyunjin hyung was already in there. "What are you doing here hyung?" he asked Chan hyung when we got into the car. "He was here searching for someone and he doesn't even know how that person looks," I said sitting besides Hyunjin. "Mweoya? Jinjayo hyung?" Hyunjin hyung asked Channie hyung. "De, but can we drop this now. Don't tell anyone about this," he said. "Wae?" me and Hyunjin hyung asked at the same time. "Ani. I don't want to worry the others," he said and we agreed. But it was very weird seeing Chan hyung like this. Maybe Minho hyung knows something about this.

That's it for today Stays! Let's show Back Door all the love we got! Saranghae people 💕