Chapter 7: Unmask the Feels

Hi Guys! I'm kinda busy with exams and studying these days so I was unable to dedicate much time to writing. Sorry if the quality or the quantity of this chapter is not up to your expectations. I'll get back to writing it with all my heart soon. Please enjoy this till then my fellow STAYS 😉

IN's POV

"Gosh! I should've stopped you. It was all my fault," Minho hyung said holding his head in frustration. "But hyung... Nothing happened," I said stuttering. I'm really scared to face angry Minho hyung. "Fortunately Jeongin. But what if something bad happened?" he raised his voice. We had been going back and forth on this for nearly half an hour. "Mianhae hyung... I shouldn't have did that but I didn't see any other way to resolve their conflict," I said with my head bowed down. "Why do you always take such hasty decisions? I wasn't even okay with the 'worrying Han' part and you both just damaged Hyunjin's safety rope to make it more believable?" he asked me but it seemed like an accusation. "What!? Hyung... I would never do something like that. What do you think of me?" I said with pain in my eyes. "I don't know what to think anymore. I was wrong in trusting you all to behave like mature people," he stormed off saying that. Unknowingly, tears streamed down my face. I plan on doing something good but it always ends up turning for the worse.

Seungmin's POV

I just saw Minho hyung storm out of Jeongin's room so I went to Jeongin. I saw him crying and felt bad. I put my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me before hugging me. "It's okay Jeongin-ah! Hyung is just worried for all of us. Don't take his words to heart," I tried comforting him. "But... Hyung... thinks... we cut t-the... rope on purpose," he said in between sniffles. "We know that we didn't right? So let him think that. I'm sure he didn't even think well before saying that. He will probably feel guilty by tomorrow and come apologize to you," I rubbed circles on his back. He got out of my embrace and sat down on the bed wiping his eyes. "Yuck! So gross... Don't touch me with those snot covered hands of yours," I said in mock disgust. "No use. It's already all over your shirt," he said laughing. "Aah... You ungrateful creature," I started laughing along with him. I felt good when I saw him laugh. "Crying doesn't suit our cute Fennec Fox. Don't cry anymore," I said patting him on his head. He nodded his head in approval and I smiled at him.

Changbin's POV

"Hyung! You still up?" I turned towards the door on hearing the voice. "Ne. Couldn't sleep?" I asked Felix. He got in and climbed onto my bed, "Hmm... Where's Minho hyung?" "In the shower. He doesn't look good," I said getting back to my writing. "Wae? Did something happen?" he looked at me puzzled. "Not sure. Maybe it's about Hyunjin this morning," I said scratching my head. "Aah. I think he worries a lot sometimes. I know he thinks he has to help Chan hyung since he's already stressed about work," Felix said looking down. I went and sat next to him on my bed. I took hold of his hand, "Don't worry too much about Channie hyung okay? I know you both are really close and him not sharing his worries makes you worried. But give him some time and I'm sure he will let you in," I said looking into his eyes. He smiled before asking, "How do you do that?"  "Do what?" I asked confused. "How do you always figure out what I'm feeling or thinking? How do you comfort me so well? How can you even make me feel so much better by just one word or action?" He poured his heart out looking at me. I saw something in his eyes.

There was some masked feeling behind those tears threatening to spill out of his eyes. Without thinking, I held his cheeks and made him look at me. He looked at me with so much pain and love. I never saw Lix like this. What's confusing is the fact that I'm mirroring his feelings. I could feel his pain. It hurt me to see him in pain. I don't know what came over me. I leaned towards him, just a little. He didn't pull away or move forward. He was just staring at me. Maybe waiting to see what I was going to do. My brain was unable to process anything anymore so I leaned towards him more and more. Until we could feel each other's breath. I was just staring at him not knowing what to do. Then we heard the bathroom door open so we quickly got away from each other. I saw Minho hyung walk out. "Hi Lix," he said before getting back to his bedtime routine. I glanced at Felix and saw him get all shy. After a while, Minho hyung went out to watch some movie and Lix went back to his room. What in the world was I gonna do? What's wrong with me? Changbin, control your self. I reprimanded myself before calling it a night.

Minho's POV

I went and sat down on the couch. I flipped through the channels on TV and finally decided to watch a kdrama. It was about forbidden love between 2 people who are from totally different worlds. I was halfway through the episode when Chan hyung came up to me. "Hi Minho! What are you doing here?" he asked me flopping himself down on the couch besides me. "Watching a drama hyung. Wasn't able to sleep," I replied playing with the controller in my hands. "Is everything okay?" he asked. "Yeah, just tired I guess," I replied not wanting him to continue talking about this anymore. "Something happen? You are very down today," he looked at me with those puppy eyes of his. I couldn't hold it in anymore so I just told him everything about Jeongin's plan to me scolding him.

He took my hands in his before asking, "You are feeling guilty, aren't you?" "Ne. I shouldn't have been too harsh on him. He didn't mean anything bad but I just lost it," I replied almost on the verge of tears. "I know Minho. You were worried because you didn't want me to worry more, right?" I just nodded at his question. "I'm sure he will understand when you tell him this. Both of you need some space right now. Just sleep it off, yeah?" he said and I nodded my head in approval. "Hyung... Can I hug you?" I asked him in a low tone. He laughed before saying, "Of course Minho. You don't have to ask." So I hugged him and we continued watching the drama. After a while, I felt something on my shoulder. I turned my head to see Channie hyung sleeping peacefully on my shoulder. He looked so peaceful and cute like a baby. I didn't feel like waking him up. I kept watching the drama till the end of the episode before turning the TV off. I was too lazy and tired to go to my room anyways so I just slept on the couch with Channie hyung in my arms.

Yeehaw! So much happening in this chapter. Was Changbin about to....? Good lord. Minho is such an interrupter (no offense, I love him 😍) Minchan cuddling to sleep is my most cherished movement of this chapter... I'm so soft rn 🤧

Sorry for a kinda short update but I tried to make it short & sweet hehe! See you soon guys! Take care ❤️