9. A Good Morning It Is

When you woke up the next morning, you could feel his body still under yours.

When you finally gained the energy to look up, you could see him sitting up farther looking down at you.

"Well, good morning beautiful," you couldn't help but smile at the name.

You squirmed up his body so you were face to face with him, straddling his legs with yours. You took a deep breath, "A good morning it is."

He planted a kiss on your lips as your hands wondered to play with his hair. When he stopped kissing your lips, he made his way across your cheek and down your neck. You rolled your head around to give him more access to your neck. But eventually, you finally pulled back. You planted your lips on his once more. You could feel his lips forming into a smile beneath yours.

You pulled back and looked at him, "You know? It's my day."

His smile still played across his face, "It is, isn't it?"

"Okay, what if, here me out now, we actually get breakfast this time?" you watched his eyebrows raise, "Not just doughnuts this time, like waffles or pancakes."

"That would be fun," you felt your smile grow as he accepted your idea.

Then the idea really hit you, "Wait, what if I make them?"

You hopped of his lap and started towards your kitchen. "I think I have the stuff, and I like to cook." You were rummaging through cabinets looking for the mix. "It's right here!" you said grabbing the mix from the cabinet. You stood up to meet his gaze from the other side of the kitchen island. You were so focused on finding the mix that you didn't see him walk over.

"You want to cook for me?" His eyebrows were raised. He was genuinely curious.

"I mean, yeah," you were scared you were in the wrong so it was barely a whisper. You started to turn around to grab a pan, "I mean, I have the stuff and everything."

"I love that idea," you heard him say as you grabbed a pan. You spun around with all the excitement in the world.

"Okay, do you want? Pancakes or waffles? Cause I have a waffle maker too," you started to say before you disappeared under the cabinet to search for more of the necessary tools.

Spencer didn't respond as you continued to ramble about the ingredients you would need. He just listened with the biggest smile on his face. He loved listening to you when you got like this. He thought you were the cutest thing in the world when you get truly excited.

When you had all the stuff sitting on the counter for both waffles and pancakes, you finally stopped rambling and running around your kitchen. You met his gaze and saw the biggest smile on his face.

"What?" you questioned.

"Oh, nothing," he stood up from his stool and rounded the end of the island so he could reach you. "I just think you're so adorable when you get all excited like this."

He had his forehead pressed against yours as he left a couple quick kisses on your lips. When you finally pulled apart, you spun him around and pushed him out of the kitchen, "okay, now you have to go."

"Woah, what did I do?" he asked, holding up his hands as defense.

"I can't have you in the kitchen when I cook. You'll distract me and I'll burn something," he dropped his hands and the same smirk returned to his face. "You can sit over there," you pointed to the stool on the other side of the island.

"Now, is it pancakes or waffles?" you held the box of mix in front of you as he sat down on the stool.

He gave you that same gaze he always did. "Which ever you want."

You ended up making waffles. He laughed at you when you put on your apron. You hadn't changed out of the clothes you flew home in, so you didn't want egg on them. You just glared at him when he laughed. It just had kitties on it, you didn't know what was so funny about it.

While you waited for the waffle maker to cook the batter, Spence would dance with you around the dinning room. He still wasn't allowed in the kitchen. Nova tried to join in a couple times. She would jump around and you could tell Spence was starting to warm up to her.

The whole time though, you couldn't wipe the smile off your face. Just being around him, you felt so happy.

After you finished your breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, you began to unpack your to-go bag. Spencer sat on your bed as you put clothes away and just asked you questions about what was hanging in your room. He asked about the photos on your desk and the books on the only shelf in there.

To anyone else he would just seem nosy, but you genuinely enjoyed answering them. He wanted to understand your life, and you wanted him to.

After you finished unpacking your bag, Spencer explained that he needed to go back to his apartment at some point. You agreed and watched him walk towards the door. You stopped in the living room area, leaning against the couch. You could see him perfectly from where you were standing.

He grabbed his suitcase and began pulling it towards the door. When he finally got ahold of the door knob, he stopped himself and turned around to look at you.

"Do you want to come with me? Like you said, this is the most personal part of your life. It's only fair if you see mine too," he was searching for a reaction in your eyes as he spoke, but you gave him nothing. You were just completely taking in what he was saying.

You saw the worry leave his eyes when you began to smile, "Yeah, i'd love that."