My Brother Is Tall As Hell

After a forever-long-flight from America to Japan, I was finally exiting the gate and coming home.

I haven't been to Japan in forever, not even in the summer. Being a transfer student in America was fun, but finally coming home... it's a feeling I can't describe. I've missed everyone. My parents, my friends, the cat that lives across the street from me. But mostly my brother, Asahi, like absolute crazy. Sure, we'd Skype every now and then. But with the time difference, it's always difficult.

Now I'm gonna see him. For the first time in three years. And go to his school.

'What if he's a different person?' I scarcely thought. 'What if I'm a different person? What if we've changed too much?'

I shook my head. This is my brother we're talking about. We're twins, and we've always been so close. What's the worst that could happen?

I walked away from the escalator and took out my phone. I moved my (h/l), brown hair away from my face and I started to spam my brother, until a felt a light tap on my shoulder, and a light gust of wind came around my shoulder. It was a tall man with long hair and a familier face holding a sign that read my name: "Azumane (y/n)".

He took one step back, kneeling down almost on his knees so I could see his eyes. "Excuse me, young lady," he said with a warm smile, "but have you seen anyone by the name of Asahi (y/n)? I'm supposed to pick her up..."

I smiled. Asahi was such a character.

With that, I dropped my luggage and practically tackled my brother with the biggest hug ever. I couldn't help it, I haven't seen this dork for three years. I rubbed my fingers through his hair, which grew a lot to my surprise. I was so happy to finally be back in his arms and back home.

"Mmm, I'm so happy to finally see you!" Asahi said, continuing to hug me.

"You as well." I responded, then pulled away and took a couple steps back without tripping over my luggage.

This man grew. Like a lot.

Asahi was always taller than me, and that had been no surprise. He always had the tall genes in him. But when I left, he was 170 centimeters (5ft and 7inches). Now he's turned into the BFG.
"Holy shit, you sprouted," I couldn't help but acknowledge it, "How tall are you now?"

Asahi chuckled lightly, "Umm... 185 centimeters (6ft and 1in)... last time I checked. How much did you grow, (y/n)?" He looked down at me.

I frowned. "I am 161 (about 5ft and 3inches) centimeters, you damn Jesus-Look-Alike."

We both laughed. Asahi helped me pick up my stuff and we started heading home.

Asahi took an Uber, because our parents probably used the car to go to work. On the way home, I told Asahi all about America. The food, the places, the activities, and he just silently listened. As quiet as my giant of a brother was, I could tell he was very interested. I told him about the school I went to, how we didn't have to wear uniforms, the theatre club I joined (if you don't like theatre, pick something else), how I came out as lesbian to my American friends, all that fun stuff. Once I was done, we finally reached home.

                                   * * * *

"You kept it in here?"

Asahi nodded. "Yes I did. Oka-san tried to take it out, but I wouldn't let them."

I looked at my bed right beside his. My brother and I have always shared a room, and we liked to as well. We always got along great, so there was never a reason to separate us. I was just surprised that it's been there all this time.

"What time are Oka-san and Ota-san (mother and father) gonna get here?"

"They'll be here in about..." He looked at the clock behind me, "three hours, give or take a few. But I was hoping we could surprise them with your cooking."

"Are they okay with me using the stove?"

"Probably."

    "What do you mean by 'probably'"?

    "Well... they don't know your here."

"What—?"

His eyes were filled with worrisome. "I- I told them you were coming next week, so w-we could surprise them like this." He chuckled nervously.

I thought about it. "That's... a really good idea, actually. Do we still have some cake mix in the kitchen for dessert?" Since I love to bake with Asahi.

He smiled. "I had a feeling you were gonna say that."

For the next two hours or so, Asahi helped me clean the house/flat and make some Shabu Shabu, my favorite dish. Afterwards, we baked a chocolate cake with a strawberry jam filling, and I put it in the fridge until we were ready to eat it. We always cooked when our parents were at work. Asahi always did the fun stuff, since they apparently trust him more with the stove after a... certain incident.

    Hey, it wasn't my fault.

Once our parents got home, the food was ready and I got absolutely embraced with hugs. Once the stories were told and the food was finished, we cleaned up and got ready for bed.

"Before you go to sleep," Asahi said, "I wanted to give you something." He reached in his closet and grabbed a high school uniform for girls.

His high school... Karasuno.

My eyes went a little teary. I thanked him and hugged him tightly. I would be doing my last year of high school with Asahi. A few weeks into school already passed, since it was the earliest flight I was able to get, but I'm sure I'd be able to catch up on work. I couldn't be more excited.

"I have another surprise," My brother said, "but it'll have to wait until Monday."

    "Or you can tell me now, so I don't have to wait two more days."

    "Or you can wait for your surprise like I said."

    "Meanie."

'What's he got up his sleeve now?'