Nishinoya x Depressed! Male Reader

💔 / ☁️
was this based on my own personal depressive thoughts? yessir-
requested by @big_horny !! i hope this is okay-
note: I listened to Mary by Big Thief and Butterfly's Repose by Zabawa while writing this, so just;;; listen to that (it's really sad but good)
WARNING: SUICIDE ATTEMPT
presented by: pouty noya

💔 / ☁️was this based on my own personal depressive thoughts? yessir-requested by @big_horny !! i hope this is okay-note: I listened to Mary by Big Thief and Butterfly's Repose by Zabawa while writing this, so just;;; listen to that (it's really s...

Nishinoya Yuu was an energetic enigma. At least, that's what (M/N) (L/N) thought.
Nishinoya was always loud, happy, energetic, and excitable around his teammates and friends. Around (M/N), he was nearly the same - nearly. Around (M/N), Noya was a bit more open about his feelings, his real feelings. He was more sensitive and tender. The two had been friends since middle school, and for the life of him, (M/N) could not figure out why Noya acted different around him. 

And while Nishinoya was this energetic enigma, (M/N) was an open book to anyone that bothered to look at him. The dark circles under his bloodshot (E/C) eyes showed evidence of his sleepless nights, his long sleeves hinted at something hidden beneath, and the occasional tear tracks and puffiness of his cheeks showed the days that he just couldn't stop crying.

Lately, things in (M/N)'s life were just becoming worse than usual. Around Nishinoya and his friends, he always felt like the odd one out. He always felt less than the rest of them; like he was inferior. He didn't play volleyball, he didn't have any special ability or talent, and he had average grades. He was completely ordinary compared to the rest of them. He always felt like he didn't need to be there.
So, his life went in a downward spiral. His grades dropped, his sleep schedule grew worse, and his friends all began to disappear.

All except Nishinoya Yuu.

"(M/NNNN)!" Nishinoya yelled as he ran into his friend's classroom. The tired boy looked up from his papers, a bit surprised. He was the only one inside in the class, so he wasn't expecting Noya. "Why are you all alone?! And where's your lunch?!"

"I wasn't gonna eat today.. and I have no one to hang out with," (M/N) mumbled in response.

"Don't say that! I'm right here!" Nishinoya pouted. He grabbed (M/N) by the shoulders and began to hop into the air. "C'mon! Let's go eat!"

(M/N) got up and sighed, following his friend out the door. As they walked, Noya kept talking about something, but it sounded like nothing to the (H/C) haired boy. You know in Charlie Brown, how the adults sound when they speak? That's how Noya sounded to (M/N). They reached the lunchroom and bought lunch together, then sat down and started to eat.

"So (M/N), how have you been lately?" Noya asked, tilting his head curiously. (M/N) shrugged. "Oh c'mon mannnn! It's been a while! You don't tell me anything anymore, and I haven't been able to tell you anything!" He whined.

"Then just tell me," (M/N) mumbled, looking up from his food. Noya frowned a little. "It's okay Noya I'm fine," he said with a small, fake smile.

"Okay.." Nishinoya sighed. He inhaled, then slammed his hands on the table. "I'm sooooo boreddddd nowadays! The only fun thing is volleyball now, and sometimes I'm too sleepy to play!"