CHAPTER NINE.

A/N- Thanks you all. This book now has 400 reads! I truly appreciate it.💗

"We still haven't figured out what our first outing would be for our project?" Mason groaned and hit his head softly on the pillow.

"Well detecting the reason wouldn't be a problem," I scoffed and continued, "One, our project is supposed to start officially next week, I don't know why you're so keen on starting it early. Two, if you keep coming up with unrealistic places we'll never find the perfect first place for our outing. Puerto Rico? Are you kidding me?" I rolled my eyes and glared at him. I could feel my mood shifting really bad, one of the signs of my disease is sudden mood swings.

"You have to open your mind to so many possibilities..." He was saying but I cut him short not having any of anything today, "There will be no opening of my mind to unrealistic expectations. Can you imagine what in the world he's talking about?" I raised my hands up as I spoke to an imaginary crowd.

"Puerto Rico is..." Mason teased but I didn't get it because my mood just wanted to be pissed today.

"I said no! Damn! Don't you ever take no for an answer." I yelled. I'm pretty sure that if my parents were in the house, they would have come running up but they're not back from work yet, so I don't have that to worry about. I don't want anyone giving me that pitiful eye and all that stuff.

"Chill Hailey, I was only kidding about it." Mason said as his eyes widened in shock at my outburst.
I placed my left palm on my head as I tried to calm down. I would have said that I don't know what was wrong with me, but I know. The cancer is really getting me and progressing really fast.

"Why the outburst? You are supposed to know I was totally kidding. This isn't like you Hailey." Mason scrunched his brows in concern. He was looking at me like he couldn't place a finger at what went wrong.

I chuckled nervously and said, "I don't know..." But Mason didn't let me complete my sentence before he pulled me into a tight hug. A tear slipped from my left eye as I kept chanting in my head 'Don't lose it! Don't lose it!' I remained in the hug for sometime till Mason pulled away.
"Are you okay Hailey? You know you can talk to me about anything." He gave me a reassuring look to go with his statement.

"I'm-I'm-I'm fine. I th-th-think the assignment is taking a huge toll on me." I stammered, barely able to get out a coherent sentence. Maybe if I wasn't totally freaked out by how fast this cancer is changing me, I would have been able to come up with a better excuse.
Mason looked like he totally didn't buy my excuse, but decided to go with it anyway.

"Ohhh... Okay. Let's clear this since it's upsetting you way too much. It's like your kryptonite." He joked. Trust Mason to make a joke out of everything in order to lighten the mood. He started clearing the laptop and jotters off my bed to my night stand.

"You know you can tell me what is really bothering you right? No pressure, Okay?"
I bobbed my head slowly.
"So do you want me to go or what?" He said gesturing at my balcony. Honestly, I think I can use one hand to count how many times Mason has actually come through the front door for the five years I've known him, and considering how is almost at my house everyday, that number is pretty pretty minute.

"No... No... Don't go. Let's just do something else." I said. Honestly, I don't want to be on my own right now and start thinking negative stuffs.
"So what do we do now? See a movie?" He suggested.
"Yeah... That'll be good. Someone suggested a movie to me, so I downloaded it. I haven't seen it, so I think it'll be nice if we can just see it together for the first time." I said, picking up my laptop from the night stand.