CHAPTER ELEVEN

A/N- Thanks for the 500+ reads! You all are the best, no caps.
New update!
Enjoy 🥂

"This was amazing!" I yelled immediately I got down from Mason's motorcycle, not caring the curious glances people threw in our direction.

"Told you! You've just been your usual stubborn self by resisting to get a ride with me ever since I got the motorcycle." He said, as he removed his helmet in order to remove mine.

"I definitely regret my decision now mister. Don't rub it in my face. I'll be hitching a ride with you every Thursday, so don't you dare ditch me." I said as I waved my right hand in his face which I'm realised I must look pretty funny waving my hand in his face with my helmet still on.

"If you ask me, I'm not rubbing it enough but you didn't ask, so well I still decided to let you know my opinion." He shrugged, then started unbuckling my helmet.
"Jerk. You're always mean to me. Just know I'm definitely taking your mom's offer on the baby pictures." I muttered and hit his chest lightly.

"I'm always to mean to you? Says the one that pushed me down the stairs." He declared as he kept the helmet on the motorcycle, then we started walking towards the school building from the lot.

"That was ages ago! I already apologized countless number of times but you always bring it up every single time. Let's not forget every New year, Christmas and my birthday."
"You're forgetting Thanksgiving Hails. Shame on you!" He said doing a imitation, but of who, that's what I didn't know.
"Annoying stuff." I tried insulting him, but failing miserably.
"I'm glad you're running of insults. You can always google 'Insults to go' if it makes you feel better." He teased me.

"Shut up." I hit his chest, barely hiding my smile.
His chest rumbled in laughter, it wasn't too long before I joined him. People in the hallway glanced at our direction occasionally 'cause it was I and Mason and when we are together, normal is far from us.

We were already at our lockers getting our books for the day and still laughing. When I suddenly stopped laughing and looking at Mason. My heart clenched and I probably had this forlorn look on my face. I can't believe that in three months or less, I wouldn't be here laughing with Mason or riding his motorcycle with him, or having him tease me. When I think of these things, leaving becomes so much harder.

"Is anything wrong Hailey?" Mason asked, when he noticed that I have stopped laughing and was looking lost and sad.
The emotions were too much to bear so I found myself hugging him tightly as tears brimmed in my eyes, threatening to fall.

"I'm going to miss you so much Mase, so much,  you actually have no idea." I said tearily.
After sometime I pulled away from the hug, to meet Mason's confused face.
"What's wrong Hailey? You haven't been your usual self these days and I didn't want to ask 'cause I believed that if anything is bugging, you'll definitely tell me, right?" He asked.
Unable to say anything, I just nodded slowly.

"So what's wrong? You know you can tell me anything, like literally anything and I wouldn't judge you." He assured me.
I was about to tell him about my illness but I stopped myself. The thing is Mason is this kind of person who will ask me my reason for killing someone, before judging me for doing it. Mason was a really nice person and he didn't deserve to have this burden placed on him.

"It's nothing at all. I was just trying to act damsel in distress, and you fell for it hook, line and sinker." I tried to wriggle out of this. Damn stupid emotions that almost made me spill my guts to Mason.
Mason narrowed his eyes at me, not buying my excuse for a minute, "Your acting skills are definitely top-notch 'cause you definitely had me fooled. Quite the drama if you ask me."