40| No More Secrets: Part 1

"Get your girl, Sinatra!" someone shouted from the crowd.

I broke away from our kiss with a chuckle and put the microphone back in the holder. I took Karma by the hand and led her to a private area behind the stage.

I couldn't believe she was here. I trusted Lanie to try her best, but I had no idea if Karma would show up. I wouldn't have blamed her if she didn't. It took all my energy to keep my anxiety in check before I stepped up to that microphone-and I was glad I did.

Karma's giggle as I lifted her by the waist and sat her on a large speaker was the best thing I've heard all day. I cupped her face and gave her a deep passionate kiss. I felt her hands slide under my black shirt against my skin. She pulled me closer and I deepened the kiss, tasting the essence of Karma that always drove me wild.

My heart was pounding against my rib cage as I pulled away from her and searched her face. I was trying to find one reason why she would give me another chance after everything.

I was terrified that my alarm was going to go off any minute. That I would wake up, hungover in my bed, with no Karma anywhere in sight. "I can't believe you're here," I said with disbelief.

"Nathan, I-"

I leaned my forehead against hers. "I didn't think you would see me after...Nevermind. I'm just so fucking happy." I pulled my head back and looked into her eyes. "How did you like the song?"

She placed her hand on my chest and flashed me a smile so loving, my chest tightened.

"Nathan, that song was beautiful. I can't believe you did that. You sang in front of people." She frowned before asking, "How come Lanie didn't know you could sing? I assumed by now she would have heard you at least once."

I tucked her hair behind her ear. "I've only sang for you, gorgeous. No one else."

She blushed shyly-which she never did-and I loved it. I loved her. She was the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I wasn't going to fuck it up this time.

I decided I was going to tell her the truth about what happened. I knew there was a risk of family drama because of it, but she was right. We were worth fighting for-and I was going to fight tooth and nail for this woman.

"I'm so sorry about last night, baby. I said some things that-"

She put her finger to my lips to silence me. "Stop. We have a lot to talk about, but we'll get to that later. Right now, our friends are waiting for us out there, and if we spend another second back here, they'll think we're fucking."

I laughed and ran my hands up her smooth thighs and under her dress. "Maybe we should be," I teased.

I was dying to be inside her again. I knew we were together less than twenty-four hours ago, but with everything that went down, it felt different. For awhile there, I thought I lost her forever. I wasn't going to take her for granted again.

"There'll be time for that too when you come over my place later," she whispered against my lips.

"Oh, yeah?" I teased. "What if I don't wanna come over?"

She cupped my rock hard erection through my jeans and I groaned at the feeling. "I don't think you'll say no to that."

I gave her one more deep kiss before I reluctantly pulled away and helped her down off of the speaker. She righted her dress and I adjusted my jeans that became a little too tight.