enter: the uzumaki twins!

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

twelve years ago, a nine-tailed fox suddenly appeared. its tails lashed out, smashing mountains and sending tidal waves crashing to the shores. the ninja rose up to defend their village.

"hold the attack and wait for the fourth hokage!"
"it's getting closer!"
"don't let it near the village!"

one shinobi faced the nine-tailed fox in mortal combat. he sacrificed his life to capture the beast and seal it in two human bodies. this ninja was known as the fourth hokage.

It was the middle of the day, the sun shined bright as its rays covered all of Konohagakure, the village hidden in the leaves.
You could almost say it was a peaceful day. The birds were chirping, there was a smell of fresh air, and best of all, it wasn't too loud. The villagers were sitting outside their houses, the kids were playing around, it was perfect! At least, until now.

"HAHAHAHHA!" The loud laughing of some children plagued the air, destroying the once peaceful vibe.
"Naruto, (Y/n), come back here! When I get my hands on you!" Two shinobi were chasing after a pair of kids, a redhead and a blondie. The two children were laughing, paint buckets in hand. "You've crossed the line this time, you two!" One of the shinobi yelled after them, voice becoming hoarse, most likely from all the yelling.

"Give it up!" The red head yelled, laughing. The blondie laughed even louder, "You're just bent because you don't have the guts to do what we do! Do you? Losers! Wannabes! You'll never catch us!"

The two laughed even louder, picking up their speed.

Now, you must be wondering what got them caught in this mess. Here's why: they painted on the great Hokage stone faces. All of them had some sort of stupid expression now. It was basically vandalism, but of the highest tier. Top tier vandalism!

"Lord Hokage! It's an emergency!" The door slammed open to the Hokage headquarters, revealing an old man who was doing calligraphy, while smoking a pipe. The old man turned his head slightly to the side, "I hope you're not bothering me with some trivia." The old man, or the Hokage, turned his head back, looking at who had entered. "And don't tell me it's them again."

"It's Naruto and (Y/n) again! They climbed onto the great stone faces!" "They put paint all over the Hokage!"

The old man sighed, with a puff of smoke accompanying it.

"You two! Hold on!" The two shinobi chased after the two, but those speedy little foxes had hidden away against a wall, a cloth that was the same design as the wooden fence, covering them. Camouflage at its finest, don't you think?

The two hesitantly remove the cloth, giggling among themselves. One of them fell to the ground in exhaustion, "You look like you're dying over there, sis." The blondie teased his sister, who was on the floor, panting like a dog. "I'm not the most athletic, Naruto!" The red-haired girl, or (Y/n), yelled at him, "How are you gonna become a ninja when you're not athletic? That was too easy!"

"Oh yeah, Naruto?!"

The two children screamed, Naruto fell on his ass, while (Y/n) tried to scramble away, but it was no use. The both of them were too tired at this point to run away.