pass or fail: survival test (part two)

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Who are you?"

"I'm an Anbu from the root, but that's beside the point. I am here to deliver you something."

"What is it?"

"This."

"A scroll?"

"Yes, from Lord Danzo."

"D-Danzo? Oh, uhm well, tell him I said thank- and he's already gone."

"(Y/n)...(Y/n)...(Y/n)..."

"Huh...? Holy shit!"

(Y/n) went into shock for a moment, then shivered, staring at the already dressed half-asleep Naruto who was previously poking at her, presumably to wake her up.

"Naruto, you look like a zombie." She commented, sitting up from her bed and trying her best to recover from the shock.

"You don't look any better." Naruto groaned, rolling his eyes. He glared at his sister, failing to do any more than that.

"What do..." (Y/n) yawned, "...you want?" Her eyes too tired to glare back, but still looking at him with a deadpan.

Naruto grunted, "Kakashi-sensei said to meet at 5 am, remember?"
(Y/n) spaced out for a moment, glanced at the clock on her bedside table, and then nodded, "I'll be ready in five minutes. Go wait outside." Her hand gestured him towards her open door, shoo-ing Naruto away. He complied surprisingly, not arguing back. He did, however, slam the door, like he always did.

She sighed, rolling off her bed purposely and hitting the ground with a thud.
"Ow- Why did I do that?" She quickly got up, rubbing her back with a soft groan.

Her feet dragged herself to her small bathroom, pushing the door open and stepping onto the painfully cold tiles, wincing a little.

She looked at herself in the bathroom mirror and then out to her room, she scanned the area and something caught her eye.
A scroll that laid on top of her dresser.
A scroll that was given to her last night by that scary Anbu.
A scroll from Danzo, one of the village elders.
She took a mental note to check what was written in there later as she was too tired right now and could barely even process anything else other than her surroundings.

And with that she stared back at herself in the mirror, eyes not moving as she reached for her toothbrush.

"Morning," Sakura mumbled, rubbing her eyes tiredly. Sasuke acknowledged her with a hum, and the two twins didn't even bother greeting them, just hugging their bags and trying not to pass out.

(Y/n) threw her bag on the floor and yawned, stretching a little. Her half-lidded eyes watched as the leaves of the trees around her rustled in the soft breeze of the wind, the sky still dark, as well as serene. But other people being there with her made it awkward. (Y/n) didn't like being awkward.
"The sky's very pretty today, isn't it?" The redhead asked no one in particular, just trying to strike up a conversation with her very silent teammates.