pass or fail: survival test

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"I thought I had tied him up good! But my plan totally failed, he got free somehow. And even while he was still tied up, I couldn't manage to make any moves on Sakura because my stomach kept hurting so bad." Naruto sat at the back of the class, complaining quietly to his sister about his time during lunch, away from everyone else. (Y/n) had her head stuffed into her arms on the desk, but she was still listening to Naruto, he knew that as well.

"Stomachache?... Did you drink the milk that was in the fridge by any chance?" She raised her head to question Naruto, resting her chin in her hands.

Naruto raised an eyebrow in confusion, "Yeah, had it with breakfast... What about the milk?"

"Naruto, you idiot. Did you even read what was written on the carton? It expired a month ago, ya know." The redhead snickered, catching the attention of Sasuke and Sakura who were sitting at the front, turning their heads and glaring at her in annoyance. (Y/n) noticed the eyes on her, responding with furrowed eyebrows and a small blush that painted her ears red.

"Didn't I ask you to throw out all the expired food last week?!" Naruto backhanded her head, making her wince a little.

She whipped her head back to face her brother, who was now glaring at her too. (Y/n) chuckled nervously, "Sorry, sorry. I forgot." A sheepish smile painted her face.

"Where's our sensei anyway?" She quickly changed the subject, bringing up an obvious issue to not just her brother, but her other teammates as well.

"Yeah, where is our sensei?" Naruto made his way to the door, opening it and scanning the hallways.

"Naruto! Just sit down." Sakura huffed,
but the blonde only turned around, shaking his head. Naruto argued, "I don't want to! How come our sensei is the only one that's late? I'm ready to roll. Believe it!
The other groups have already met their new senseis and took off on some adventure or something, and Iruka-sensei's gone too."

"We're aware of that, okay?... Hey! What are you doing, Naruto?" Sakura groaned, annoyed.

Everyone's attention was now on the blonde, who had gotten the chalkboard eraser and was trying to fit it in between a small gap in the door, a chair elevating him from below. Naruto was setting up a trap.
After succeeding, he lets out a mischievous laugh.

Sakura, being Sakura, walked up to Naruto with her hands on her hips, looking up at him with disapproving eyes. "Hey." She says, as stern as she could manage.

"It's his fault cause he's late." Naruto smiles, jumping down from the chair and moving it aside.

Sakura grunts, "Man...You're asking for it!"
This is so much fun! I like this type of stuff. She thinks, but her expression is left unchanged.

"Hn. A Jonin wouldn't get caught in such a weak booby trap." Sasuke spoke, his tone almost as if he was rolling his eyes.

Sakura couldn't help but agree, "That's right. You're such an idiot!"

(Y/n), bored from watching, jumped from desk to desk to the door. She tightened the gap of the door, making sure that the eraser wouldn't fall before it was supposed to.

"Not you too, (Y/n)! And here I thought you had some common sense since you're a girl like me." Sakura grumbled, clearly annoyed at the twin's antics.