009

"SO, I'VE BEEN reading a book on anti-gravity, now I can't get the book down," Noah began, lifting up his glasses to quickly rub his eyes before he focused back on the road.

I furrowed my eyebrows at what he said, "Well, that just means the book is living up to its— " I paused. "That was a good joke."

A smirk plastered across his face, "I know."

I had completely forgotten that I had promised Noah I would go with him on a drive today until after my lessons when he excitedly threw a bunch of keys in the air and said it was time to leave. I tried to bail, though, but he wouldn't have it, now it was a little after 8pm and I sat in the car with him, shoving crisps into my mouth as he drove.

"Wait, just to be sure, you really are reading a book on anti-gravity, aren't you?"

"Hell no, I'm not."

"Why'd you say it like that?" I chuckled lowly as I brushed a few crumbs of crisps off my jeans. "I won't be surprised if you are. You read anything. You're an inquisitive genius, Noah Tervo."

"Let's say I actually am, I don't think I'll be reading a book on anti-gravity."

"Tervo. What does that even mean? That's an uncommon last name," I raised my legs and rested them against the glove compartment.

"Because it's Finnish."

"Why do you have a Finnish last name?" I asked curiously.

"Because my parents are Finnish?" He answered like he had expected me to know.

"You're kidding."

"No?" He raised an eyebrow, chuckling as he lazily left his hand on the steering wheel. "You know, I was born here, moved to Finland when I was two, then moved back when I was six."

"Dual citizenship. That's pretty interesting," I commented as I opened my orange juice box and slurped it, "So, why did your parents move? And why America?"

"I have no idea," he sighed.

"Do you sometimes wish you had stayed back in Finland?"

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Why?"

"I don't like it here sometimes," he answered plainly.

"Hmm," I placed my juice box in the cup holder and rested my hands behind my head. "Where would you have preferred to go?"

"I don't know. Australia? I heard it's cool there."

"You have so much time ahead of you, and the possibilities are endless. You can move out to anywhere you want. I honestly wouldn't want to live here all my life either."

"Really? Where would you like to go?" He asked, his eyes on the road.

"I haven't actually given it much thought, but I hope to."

Actually, I had. I hadn't just decided where I would like to go. I'd always thought it would be nice to visit some African countries. Lennon never failed to talk about its countries that she had visited and found beautiful.

He shrugged, "Like you said, there's still so much time ahead."

I nodded and looked around, "Where are we anyway?"

"I'm not sure," he replied like it didn't matter.

"Is that right? Who owns this car?"

"My friend, Zane."

"Does this Zane know that you're taking his car on a drive to nowhere exactly?"

"You make it sound bad," Noah chuckled.
"It's a drive, that's the point. And we're both making it back to our respective homes tonight."