𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐝

AS I WAITED ON THE LUNCH LINE, I HEARD FAMILIAR VOICES BEHIND ME. With a sigh, I turned to see Mike, Lucas, Will and Dustin walking up toward me - or, rather, the line, as I just happened to be the last one in the annoyingly long wait.

"Oh, hey, Y/N! We were just debating whether or not Wolverine could beat Hulk in a fight. Dustin and Lucas are stupidly saying he could," Will greeted. My brother and his friends, who also happened to be mine, were always talking about something adorkable every time I approached them.

Dustin scoffed. "The dude literally cannot die! Unless you chop off his head or something," he argued, crossing his arms defensively. Lucas nodded, agreeing with his friends' statement. Will and Mike gaped at the two as the line moved slightly forward.

"Are you dumb? The Hulk can't die from anything but that either, and there is no way in hell Wolverine could get close enough to do that," Mike spat back. I chuckled to myself as the discussion began to get more heated.

"Alright, boys. Calm down," I interrupted, gaining the interrogative stares of all four geeks.

"Who do you think could win? You have a pretty extensive knowledge of superheroes, I'd say. Not as much as us, but... you know," Lucas asked, smirking slightly. I rolled my eyes and leaned against the brick wall of the school.

"Huh... well, I couldn't really say. Wolverine before or after his bones were covered in adamantium?" Will's face lit up, proud of his sister being just as much of a nerd as he was. With Jonathan and him as my brothers, how could I not? It was either be the designated photographer freak, or a total geek. The latter is the more normal of the two, in my mind.

"Ah, good question. I mean, we didn't know Wolverine's claws were actually bone until the most recent issue, so I'd say adamantium. 'Cause... honestly, he probably couldn't beat him without it," Dustin admitted, shrugging. Instead of attacking him, and saying Hulk automatically won, Mike and Will nodded in agreement.

"Okay. Well... I don't know. What if something happens and Hulk turns back into Banner? Or... what if Hulk manages to break Wolverine's claws? And what's the context? Like, are the Avengers nearby? What about the X-Men?"

Mike held up a hand to stop me. "Too many questions. Just pretend it's a one on one. Who. Wins?"

Underneath their eager gazes, I squirmed slightly, but I knew I had an answer. "Okay. Final, I honestly don't know who wins strength or power wise... but Wolverine is way cooler than Hulk. I'd like to think he'd win," I stated. Dustin and Lucas held their hands out for a high-five, while Will simply shook his head in a disappointed and defeated fashion.

"My own sister, betraying me for boys..."

I shot him a glare, and thankfully, none of others heard him. Will just grinned, and looked quickly at Dustin, furthering the teasing. God, did I regret telling him about my crush.

-•••-

"Hey, Dust. You wanna come see a movie with us at the mall tonight?"

Dustin almost asked if Y/N would be there, but restrained himself. Anything he did could be considered suspicious. I mean, this was his best friend's sister he was talking about. It was weird to like her this way.

"Uh, sure. Horror or sci-fi?"

Will grinned excitedly as the two of them skipped ahead of Lucas and Mike, who were still stuck in this afternoon's debate. "Horror. You know that new Aliens movie that's coming out? The sequel to the Alien one?" Of course Dustin knew about it. He'd been wanting to see it ever since he saw the trailer.