𝐰𝐡𝐲?

"you never once loved me!" i shouted with a red, puffy face tired from crying.

"how dare you fucking say that?! i was the only person to talk to you once you came to hawkins, i helped you make friends, I LOVED YOU WHEN YOU THOUGHT NO ONE ELSE DID!" mike shouted with twice more anger and volume.

"oh, come on. those are YOUR friends, they couldn't care less about me." i retorted rolling my watery eyes.

remembering the time i had a bad argument with mike and they all ignored me until he finally apologized and so did they.

"and don't pull the whole love bullshit, it was all fake. that's exactly why you've been ignoring me and fucking CHEATED MIKE! YOU CHEATED ON ME!" 

it was my turn to be loud, he killed my heart, i truly thought he was in love with me.

once those words came out, mike tensed up and held back tears.

he slouched down on the basement couch with a sad expression read on his face.

he held his face in his hands.. sobbing.

mike was never the type to express his feelings and seeing him cry broke me but he did what he did.

i stood in silence, not knowing what to say and i wanted to comfort him so bad but i just couldn't.

"y-you think i don't regret that everyday?" he choked on his tears, i fell apart once he looked up at me with his lost eyes.

"that shit kills me everyday, love. i was being a drunk idiot at some lame high school party. my heart shatters knowing i fucked up our trust a-and i hate myself so much for it." he said through his hiccuping.

i felt weak when i heard him say call me 'love', the nickname that once meant something.

"i-i can't.. trust you anymore." i say barely above a whisper, it hurt like hell.

this was one of the worst feelings i've ever felt. it was too much all at once.

he nodded his head and was staring everywhere but me.

"you mean a lot to me, you know, right?" mike asked into the air not even seeming like it was directed at me.

i nodded even though he couldn't see me but it seemed as though he knew my answer. mike just sighed and walked out the door, knowing that this wasn't gonna end the way he wanted.

and he was right. i wasn't going to forgive.

...

i haven't seen him in months but i don't feel bad about it.

sorry this was rushed but hello! i haven't updated since forever and i saw i have 11k reads!! tysm! i hope you're all safe and well, make sure to drink water!