𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁 19 𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊷⊷⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
Close Call
╚⊶⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

Taehyung stared at the text for a moment before getting up off his bed and slipping on some slippers

Taehyung stared at the text for a moment before getting up off his bed and slipping on some slippers. He made his way up to see Jungkook, not caring that he was in his pyjamas. He knocked on the door before opening it to see Jungkook sitting on the sofa his head in his hands. Taehyung frowned and closed the door behind him, walking over to sit next to Jungkook. He rubbed Jungkook's back gently for a while seeing if the other would speak to him but he just sat there quietly. Taehyung didn't know if he was crying or simply just sitting, he couldn't see his face.

After about 10 minutes Taehyung decided to try and break the silence.
"Jungkook?" He whispered to him but the other didn't respond "Jungkook, look at me" Taehyung repeated. Jungkook shifted to glance up at Taehyung. His cheeks were tear stained even though he wasn't currently crying and it broke Taehyung's heart to see him like this.
"Did it go badly?" Taehyung asked, reaching out to run his hands through Jungkook's hair.
"I don't know" Jungkook croaked out.
Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows "well why don't you tell me what happened?"
Jungkook sighed and sat up and began telling Taehyung what happened.

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

Jungkook had left the party with his parents and went back to his parent's house to have drinks with his father. He walked nervously into his father's study. He sat in front of his fathers desk as Mr Jeon got out glasses and a bottle of scotch pouring a glass out for each of them before handing Jungkook one of them.

"I'm glad we managed to sneak out early. I don't know how much longer I could be in the presence of the Kim's. It was even worse tonight since they were all there. Even though, I didn't see Kim Namjoon did you?" His father spoke.
Jungkook shook his head.
"Maybe he's stepping down from the family business" his father continued, clapping his hands in excitement "soon the Kim legacy will be over and I will be able to sleep a lot better at night"
"What makes you so sure it'll be over soon?"
"Well, Namjoon can't be bothered showing up to an important family event, Seokjin seems too ditsy to be the head of a company he'd be better following in his mother's footsteps as a model and Taehyung is just incompetent. I've seen his work, it's mediocre at best but his father keeps trying to make it seem as if he's some perfect angel that's just come down from heaven"
Jungkook hummed along with what his father was saying, not wanting to get into an argument.

"There's something I need to tell you father" Jungkook began after a little more chat about the party and other things.
"What's that son?" His father asked as he put the whiskey and glasses away.
"I think you better sit down" Jungkook suggested.
Mr Jeon turned and raised an eyebrow at him but sat down anyway but just as Jungkook was about to speak Mr Jeon cut in "please tell me you haven't got a girl pregnant"
Jungkook stared at his father "no" he said and his father breathed a sigh of relief "good you had me worried there for a second"
"It's actually the opposite of that" Jungkook continued.