Goodbye Old Home

October 31,2003
Approximately Morning?

>Lee's POV<
Me and Kenny play our role as ninjas as we walk the empty roads of Macon. We always go down the same trashy road as we make our last stop to the pharmacy, Amy gave me her backpack in case we need more space and we gladly took it as we finally arrive and Kenny starts speaking up.

ҡєṅṅʏ: Hey man, you still with me in coming to the coast?

ṃє: Of course Ken, you always know what's best for the safety of our loved ones.

ҡєṅṅʏ: *has a stern voice* Do you think Lilly will be fine in an RV with us?

ṃє: *frowns and pinches the bridge of my nose* Well, we all somehow played a role in her dad's death except Clementine..

ҡєṅṅʏ: That's true.. have you talked to the kids? What do they think about it?

ṃє: Amy doesn't mind as long as it's a good idea, and Clem she's a bit confused but she trusts our judgement.

ҡєṅṅʏ: Good, good. *smiles* They are smart kids that's for fuckin' sure, heh I think Duck has a little crush on Amy. Oh young love, have you experienced it, I know I had! *laughs*

ṃє: Oh of course! But as always we were young and dumb and we didn't really know love well. *crosses arms across my chest and watches Kenny*

ҡєṅṅʏ: True, and not to be rude but I feel like Amy would beat him up, but then again I like her tough character. Clem has that innocence in her that just shines in the cruel darkness of this world. *walks over to the ladder cautiously*

ṃє: You could say that again, she could knock us flat if she wanted, but don't worry Ken we are in this together.

ҡєṅṅʏ: Thanks Lee. *smiles*

Kenny gets on the ladder and climbs up the 18-wheeler and I hear a loud 'CLANK' sound as I see the ladder break as Kenny rushes his few last steps up.

ṃє: Jesus Ken! You okay? *eyes widen in worry*

ҡєṅṅʏ: I'm fine Lee, thanks.

ṃє: Are you sure? If not we can take it easy.

ҡєṅṅʏ: Lee I'm fine, we need to stay strong for our families, and that's final.

ṃє: I respect that, alright let me see if I can find another way up.

I look around and luckily I was able to get a military car up against the other vehicle. As I jump up and grasp Kenny's hand his wound decided to act up as he drops me and grunts in pain.

ṃє: Ken you alright?!

ҡєṅṅʏ: I'm fine just, it must be the stitches...

ʟєє: I understand, but hey, at least the noise didn't attract walkers. *smiles faintly*

ҡєṅṅʏ: The less I see the happier I seem, now c'mon bud another nice jump and we can get back to work. *smiles and reaches hand down*