Survived Again

Part 1- Behind the scenes (Start)

Rantaro was opening the secret entrance according to his Survivor Perk Monopad.

He still didn't know how and why he got such a thing... just that he did, and specially for him.

But he doesn't know why.

Rantaro only remembered waking up inside a locker... he had felt a strong sense of deja-vu as he fell through the locker and in a strange place, he decided to analyse the situation thoroughly which also sparked a lot of familiarity.

He remembered being surprised by his extra Monopad and getting the 'Survivor Perk' which he had no idea what for, except it was for a survivor. Otherwise why would he get the perk? Except he didn't even know what he survived in.

In fact, as he decided to explore around, he realized he didn't remember a lot of things, even something completely basic. That started when he first introduced himself. And dawned on him that he forgotten a few crucial things...

He met many others, as they introduced themselves, their names and their Ultimates. However, Rantaro only introduced his name, but not his Ultimate. Because no matter how many times he racked his brain, he... just couldn't remember.

Later on, he realised unlike the others, his memory loss might go a little further, a slight disadvantage. To balance out the advantage that was the Survivor's Perk?

Yet, despite his lack of memory, he always felt a certain deja-vu, as if he was in exactly this type of situation before...

He can't be surprised at the Exisals, the stuffed bears or... the killing game. It felt like he was moving through deja-vu, especially the killing game.

Then, when he thoroughly read the Pad, and that memory of the Ultimate Hunt...

For some reason, no one else remembered. Someone was pulling the strings and it was most definitely not just Monokuma.

When the First Blood Perk and time limit came to, he knew he had no choice. After the explosion and the reappearance of Monokuma, there was no doubt, a mastermind was among them. The reason being is that Monokuma surely exploded and came back? Exactly how?

The only answer he could think of was that someone, someone here made a new copy. Rantaro couldn't think of any other answer than that. The fact that someone gladly orchestrated this inhumane killing game and was among them to watch their suffering and misery sickened him. That the same person was there when Monokuma announced the killing game and saw them panic and stress out. The same person who went through the Death Road of Despair which was a trap that drained them of all their hope and made them felt so... drained.

They must be enjoying themselves so much right now, but Rantaro wasn't going to let that happen, especially when push came to shove. Thanks to the Survivor's Perk, he knew more than the average student.

And had a better chance and opportunity, because he knew what he needed to do now.

To end the killing game, he will confront them. So, there would be no killings.

So, he can finally escape... and find his sisters... and remember...

Why couldn't he remember? What did the mastermind do?