Beyond

Part 2- Post game start!
A/N: I start here, because literally the killing game ended and Maki, Himiko and Shuichi are getting out together. There's no way I can write those individually, well as long as the others. Starting here is just easier. Also, after this chapter, this story is going start becoming more fun. Coz I ain't good with heavy stuff so imma gonna lighten this up (I will try). Starting next chapter, this story will be a lot less serious (maybe). Because I want to smile like a maniac for this book, OK? My pen of chaos is prepared, and I'm ready to use it anytime!

"Are you ready?" Shuichi asked, to both Maki and Himiko who were right besides him as they stared toward the bright unknown of the destroyed Academy.

As he looked toward Maki and Himiko, who gave small smiles, something of sorrow and relief at the same time, he also looked back to where the standing Academy was, it was now just a pile of rubble.

But so many things happened there, so many lives lost, friendships and trust broken, betrayals all too thick...

Maki and Himiko noticed that Shuichi was looking wistfully back and they too did, fighting off emotions that seemed to associate with the place although it was now long gone.

So many relationships severed, too much grief and a lot of change wrought the trio, thanks to the lives that used to be young and full cut short...

Looking back, they almost thought they could see the ghosts of all those lost lives waving goodbye at them with a smile on their faces.

Painful, their faces set forward, away from the Academy, away from that life and into a new one...

"Ready as I will ever be..." Maki said cooly, "Anything would be better than the killing game."

"Nyeeh... my MP is fully charged, so let's go," Himiko said.

And with nothing more said, they walked into the light, so blinding that their eyes couldn't see and like a switch, it was suddenly replaced with darkness.

Congratulations!

Loading...

0%... 14%... 35%... 52%... 77%... 90%... 100%

Hiss.

A sound, gravity pulling the body downwards, someone's arms.

That's what the trio felt at that time and when the blinding light was gone as well as the completely black darkness, they found themselves opening their eyes bit by bit into the most astonishing sight they have ever seen.

***

Himiko never knew what to expect when she walked through that light, but what met her sight was far beyond her expectations that she didn't know whether to scream or cry, but she found herself hugging tightly onto the person that looked exactly like Tenko.

Because it couldn't be Tenko... could it? She died! It couldn't be Tenko! What was this sorcery? Why does that person look exactly like Tenko?

The fake Tenko responded to Himiko's hugging and rubbed her back in a soothing manner whispering comforting words. She also sounded like Tenko. Why...? It felt painful.

"Are you alright, Yumeno-san?" Fake Tenko asked, her mouth frowning with worry.

"You... you..." Himiko said. There was so much she wanted to say but she couldn't even utter it.