Additional Help

The next day, right after Kirumi's execution, the remaining group has decided to go into Maki's Lab in confirmation of Kokichi's outrageous statement although it became less so considering the fact that Kokichi was outright strangled by Maki...

Everyone was reacting as if they were in danger. After all, a killing game with an assassin. It was going to spread chaos.

And certainly sowed distrust and fear. Until Monokuma showed up and did his little skit. Which surprised everyone around.

"The Monokubs are taking over?" Kaede asked.

"Monokuma went bald," Ryoma noted.

"That is certainly... disturbing," Kirumi admitted.

Afterwards, there was not much done for the rest except to explore the area and unlock more of the Academy and find the Flashback Lights, which was unrelated to their cause now.

For the 'dead', it was to be brought up to speed and answer the remaining questions lingering in their minds...

Such as...

The timeline between the beginning of the Tragedy and now.

Who were the ones that forewarned them of the Tragedy?

And the plan that they needed to fulfill after all is said and done?

Kirumi and Ryoma certainly help some, but unfortunately, it wasn't enough.

"What should we do now?" Kaede asked, rubbing her temples after they told Kirumi and Ryoma everything they found out.

"Maybe we should find out more about the plan..." Kirumi mused, "Because I can't help but think... other than saving Amami-kun and Shirogane-san, there must be something else in store..."

"What makes you think that, Toujou-san?" Rantaro asked.

"Well, I guess although our past selves knew what they were doing, it still stands the fact that we were supposed to be those so called Despair Minions, but... we aren't," Kirumi finally said.

"... You certainly got a point," Ryoma said.

Kaede and Rantaro were also thinking the same thing.

Despair Minions... something that they were meant to turn into, but they were perfectly sane, thank you. But... why is that?

"Maybe... it has to do with the plan. The fact that we didn't become Despair Minions," Kaede fished out.

"But is it possible... for the rest to become Despair Minions?" Kirumi asked.

"Huh? What makes you say that, Toujou-san?" Rantaro asked.

"My video. It labelled me as one of the people most likely to fall to despair and become a Despair Minion. That's why that video was created for myself. So... how about the others?" Kirumi asked, looking at the pods.

"But- We didn't become Despair Minions. I'm sure that the rest cannot become Despair Minions, right?" Kaede asked.

Everyone looked at Kaede, but it was Ryoma who spoke up.

"Akamatsu, you do know that there is a time for belief and a time for doubt. You can't deny there is a possibility."

"I- Yes," Kaede said, realizing that her belief might be meaningless now. Sometimes, there needs to be room for doubt, so that it could be used to think and prevent any worst possible outcome. Like the possibility of some of them becoming Despair Minions.

"But how do we know to look out for?" Kaede asked, and with that question...

Flash...

"... Risky..."