Crushed Under Lies

Kokichi was in major pain... and that was no lie. Shot by two arrows, one poisoned. Then he gave the only antidote left to the astronaut.

Because between both of them, let the victim be the one most hated. No one would miss him, and he had nothing left to say to anyone after this whole affair.

It took some time to convince Kaito of his plan, a plan he was only semi sure would work, but heroes like him were easy to pull the strings of, and eventually, they got to it.

The killing game really took its toll on everyone and little did they know, it was the worst for Kokichi when he always seemed the most unaffected.

It was the most apparent after the last trial... Miu... Gonta...

And maybe that was his final breaking point. Pushing him past to the point of no return. Like he secretly knew this was going to happen... him dying... he never anticipated it, but there was always the thought at the back of mind telling him that he was going to die eventually... Miu did target him, whose to say no one else will?

And you know what? That was fine, although it was far from his original plan.

Which was to find any loophole possible in this killing game and expose it to get them out. The idea formed ever since he looked through the files of the Ultimate Detective's Lab which he found were files of murders of the past killing games... Past killing games that definitely happened since he lock picked Rantaro's Lab and found out he was in a previous one.

So whatever he was doing and planning could be a back up plan if this fails. He hopes Shuichi would be smart to use the information he graciously left in the open... but for now...

A final stand... All the cameras were haywired, and no one, not even Monokuma could know what will happen. An unsolvable case... hopefully.

The final lie has commenced. Now that Kokichi laid on the press...

They didn't have much time... Kokichi could feel himself slowly dying, and the effects of the Electrobomb could wear off at any moment...

Kokichi looked desperately at Kaito, rasping "Hurry up."

Kaito looked like he swallowed something funny, as he said, "Are you-"

"Just get it over with."

Kaito finally pushed the button, and from there silence will commenced. The video camera was running.

Funny how at first he wanted nothing more than to live until he was so desperate was now accepting his death without any care of the world. Maybe it was that ordeal with Miu and Gonta that became too much, when his desperation and despair gave way to something unforgivable that he felt his own life had no worth anymore. That dying right now felt like an apology to all the dead... in this moment.

He was going to happily drop out, but not without the final middle finger to Monokuma and the mastermind. A 'fuck you' to the both. He hoped they suffered figuring this all out during the trial.

'Hope Momota-chan can pull it off...' Kokichi thought, his eyes finally closed as the press was inevitably getting closer.

That wasn't the last thing he wanted to see anyway... in the darkness of his mind, a beautiful memory came out of it, his last thought before death.

It was him and DICE, their first prank heist, the first time he truly felt happy, free and exhilarated, and finding people of the same kin, who understood him... and became friends, family together.

Kokichi gave one final smile as he could finally feel cold metal, finally feel his heart slowly dying. Either by the poison or the press... but...

'Goodbye,' Kokichi thought... and in deep a pain, his final thoughts of DICE the only thing keeping him from screaming, he was gone...