For His Friends

"Gonta sorry! Gonta love you all!" Gonta cried as he met his fate.

He still couldn't believe it, but there was no other option, and even then... at least his friends were still alive...

He... still didn't understand why...

Miu was dead... but he still didn't understand what possessed him to do such a thing, even with other Gonta wholeheartedly admitting it, because of... despair.

What could be so despairing?

But it no longer mattered. Yet he had so many regrets.

He just wanted to protect his friends... he wanted all of them to escape together and fulfill Kaede's promise. Why couldn't he...?

In the end, so many things happened. So many...

He looked at all his classmates one by one, his eyes lingering still on a small purple haired dictator. He could still see the tear tracks down on his face... like he was sorry.

Gonta didn't know everything and maybe he was never meant to. But all he could do was hope that they will all be friends and get out together.

Even Kokichi with his mean and tricky ways, even if Kokichi makes himself so hated among his peers.

For some reason, despite what Kokichi has done, his circumstances with the results that are happening right now, he chose to not blame Kokichi at all for this situation. Despite being angry at him, despite being so confused and scared.

Gonta... Gonta had the choice to reject. He didn't. Some of it was his fault, and that was the truth.

After the tears that came, the insistence of being punished with him, his rant about how he knew it was his fault, his cry for Gonta not to go yet...

Kokichi may be a liar, but Gonta truly didn't believe all of that to be a lie. Because...

No matter how terrible some of his classmates can be, it seemed to be that Gonta want to believe in them because they were his friends.

Tsumugi would probably say that was stupid, but that's just what Gonta wanted to believe, especially for Kokichi...

Because Gonta believes in his friends... and always will, even past killers and victims because they were his friends once upon a time, and now... he can finally see them. Maybe he can ask Miu for forgiveness too, whether he deserved it or not. Still... to believe so passionately no matter what...

That's the least he can do now after everything, when he tried and failed to help his friends...

Execution: Wild West Insecticide.

The tearful farewell and now the death. Before he knew it, Gonta was tied up along with Alter Ego to a pole. He just bravely faced what was going on, facing his consequences bravely...

No need to look at friends anymore. No need to see their disappointed gazes. Whatever happens now, happens afterwards... is no longer of Gonta's concern.

He saw the root of all evil, Monokuma at ready and started unleashing...

Metallic insects. Insects that Gonta see are robots, attacking him with their sharp stingers... and give a deadly feeling.

'Poison...' Gonta thought, as he knew many of insects that have a poisonous touch but are not necessarily dangerous if you know how to handle them well.

The insects kept attacking him, but he didn't blame them. He blamed Monokuma who was tricking them into doing their bidding, so Gonta don't blame them...