Closer

7 more to go, and they will show up. They knew... after each trial.

And here they were, again, after all that happened, but unlike the other times, it felt... more tense.

Because...

"Ouma-kun..." Kaede furrowed her brow, "What is he up to?"

"Who knows, with someone like him?" Kiyo said, "I have studied humanity and seen many personalities, good and bad, but this one... is an enigma."

"Hey, hey, do you think... he could be a Despair Minion in disguise?" Angie asked.

"If he was a Despair Minion, then why would he be one of the people who predicted the Tragedy and get us all out of there in time?" Kirumi asked.

"That degenerate could be just a filthy traitor, doing all those things and showing his true colors now!" Tenko exclaimed.

"But why? That wouldn't make much sense," Ryoma said.

"I think Kiyo-kun was right the first time. That Ouma-kun is an enigma. Whatever happens, we can't do anything about it," Rantaro said.

"The avocado's right. We will never understand that twink forever as we live. Might as well drop the fucking thing," Miu said.

Everyone looked at Miu in surprise, and she asked defensively, "What? You can't get enough of this hot bod, is that it?"

"No... out of all the people here, I thought that you would be the most curious of Ouma-kun's intentions, if anything," Kiyo noted.

Miu huffed, "Why the fuck should I? We have better things to do. The plan... preparing it, getting out of here. After all..."

But that was simply partially true, as she glanced at Gonta, because they both knew what they saw last night, ensuring Miu to be no longer as curious as she was before. They now knew the reason for their 'deaths'.

It was a bitter pill hard to swallow, but one that left them a little better afterwards, in shared tears and guilt.

Miu and Gonta were still unhappy about everything, sure, but the fact that Kokichi, broken and misguided as he is, tried to keep promises, tried to move forward. It also stirred something inside them.

It meant for Miu that they could never run away from their mistakes and go through the pain of them, as she was now. And that when Kokichi woke up, would do the same, as Gonta was already doing it when they cried and apologised together. So why shouldn't Kokichi too, it was only fair.

It meant for Gonta that there were still chances of Kokichi being friends with all of them, that they could try, that they could move on. And that Kokichi could prove himself because he wanted to, in that sadness and rage against the despair wrought upon him.

Admittedly, it wouldn't be completely resolved until Kokichi wakes up. So that's why Miu and Gonta reserved judgment for now, waiting for the day he wakes up and settled things on their own terms.

Back to the statement Miu provided, it stood that fact that she was right, about them having other things to worry about and this time round, they have the correct asset to proceed with it.

"That's good on you, Iruma-san! After all, who cares about that degenerate? Now, what should we do?" Tenko asked.

"Yeah... even after all this, we still don't really know much," Kaede sighed.

"Why don't you ask Kiibs?" Miu asked, and everyone looked at Miu strangely.

"But Iruma-san, Kiibo-kun is inside the game, what do you mean ask him?" Kirumi asked.